Preview

This is a preview of the sequel to One Too Many Lies;  Back For Blood.

- - - - - -

It's been three months. Three months without A. Three months without having to worry about falling asleep. Three months without being tormented.

Graduation is coming up. It's close now; and Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer are getting ready for graduation, because without A, they have time to focus on that. Time to focus on their lives.

The five girls sit in a circle on the floor of Alison's room, each with a drink. They've decided to celebrate their newfound freedom with alcohol.

"This looks really familiar," Spencer says, looking around her, remembering the last time they had done this with all five of them.

They all look around, realizing that they've seen this all before.

Hanna nods. "Too familiar."

The last time they had done this was the night before Alison was allegedly killed.  About 20 hours before.

No one says a word for a few minutes.

"Hey," Aria says, trying to lighten up the mood. "But this time, we're celebrating. Let's stop thinking about before. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?"

They all look at each other, and shrug.

"Aria's right," Emily says. "We need to forget the past and live our lives. We've had too much taken away from us. Let's not let this night get taken away, alright?"

Hanna raises her cup, smiling. "To a new life."

They all raise their cups and repeat Hanna's words. "To a new life."

They drink and talk for about another hour before they're interrupted.

"Hold on," Spencer says, reaching into her purse.

Then there's a sound they haven't heard for awhile.

They all look at their phones and before they can even read the message that is on all of their screens, they see the one important thing.

The signature at the bottom.

-A.

- - - - - - - - - -

Update: Back For Blood is officially published.