Chapter Seventeen: Fire pt. 2

"Oh my god," Alison says.

Aria stares at the body, wide-eyed.

"She can't be dead," Hanna says. "We did not just kill her."

Spencer walks towards A. She's relieved, yet a bit upset when she hears her breathing.

"She's alive," Spencer says.

Spencer crouches down beside A, and looks for where she was shot, or to see if she even really was shot.

Not long after, there is visibly blood near her foot.

"You got her foot," Spencer says. "It's fine."

"Now," Hanna says. "You either take off the mask, or she shoots again."

"Let's give her some space," Spencer says, standing up, and moving back a bit.

A stands up. She puts her hands back on the mask. The mask is almost off when she runs for the window, which is already broken.

Aria shoots again, and misses. A is gone.

"She can't move that fast, can she?" Alison asks. "She just got shot in the foot."

"You three," Spencer says, pointing at Ali, Aria, and Hanna, "Stay here. Emily, come with me."

Emily and Spencer run in the direction that A just went. They hear glass shattering. They follow the noise.

"You can't hide forever," Spencer says. She manages to find a lightswitch in the dark room. She turns it on.

They look around, unable to find her. They're about to give up when Emily sees something. Someone's legs.

Emiy finds  A lying on the ground, with a broken glass figure on the floor beside her.

"Spencer," she calls. "Help me get her back up there."

- - - -

Once A is back on the roof with the rest of them, Spencer and Emily hold her there, to keep her from running off again.

"Do you want to take it off yourself?" Aria asks. "Or should we do the honors?"

A shakes her head.

"I guess we'll have to do it," Emily says, reaching for the mask.

As usual, A outsmarts them. She is able to get out of their grasp, but this time, the only possible way for her to run is towards the edge.

"That's also an option," Spencer says, crossing her arms. "But taking the mask off is easier."

A collapses. She grabs her wounded foot when she hits the ground.

"I'll help you," Spencer says. "Right after we get this mask off."

Spencer grabs the mask, and A fights to get Spencer away from her. She doesn't have the strength anymore. Spencer is winning.

The mask comes off. They all gasp.

A loses her grip on Spencer. Spencer tries to grab her arm, but it's too late. A slips from the edge, and falls to the ground.

They all run to the edge in shock, and confusion. They look down at PAige's dead body.