𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. the fire breathing woman

Maze smiled, stepping away from her bed as she looked at her new space

Maze smiled, stepping away from her bed as she looked at her new space. On her bed, lay a stuffed teddy bear she had received from Ari on her fourteenth birthday. She had some books nearby her bed.

Mazikeen didn't have much, but she was happy about how she had made her new space feel. It felt safe.

Hope stepped into the room, noticing that Mazikeen had made herself at home. She would have probably smiled at the blonde, but right now she was frustrated. She wanted to find Landon ASAP.

"Good morning, Hope." Maze said, her back still to the Mikealson as she admired her half of the room. "Morning Maze." Hope responded. "Emma asked about the spell we did last night." She spoke up.

Mazikeen turned on her heels, to face the Mikealson. The previous night, Hope had asked Maze to help her with a spell, and Maze obliged even though it was dark magic, because she too wanted to find Landon. Emma could tell when students had used dark magic, and the very last thing Maze wanted was any reason to be shoved back in the cellar.

"I said I did it alone, don't worry." Hope said. "Good. Because I can not go back down there." Maze suddenly huffed, seeming angry but also panicked. "You won't... you won't.." Hope assured her.

"Feel like coming on a road trip?" The tribrid then asked, as she held up the map she had drawn up after doing the locator spell the day before. Maze nodded, "For sure."

❤︎

Maze and Hope walked in sync, as they exited the school and approached Alaric's car.

Mazikeen frowned, upon finding Rafael underneath the vehicle. "Hi Raf." Hope said dryly, as she reached the vehicle. "Hey." Rafael answered casually from under the car, as he continued to tinker with it. "What are you doing?" The tribid asked before Rafael responded, "Adjusting the sway bar."

"Was it broken?" Maze asked. "It is now." Rafael confessed, getting out from under the car. "I know you're going after Landon. If you want this car to work, I'm going with you."

Hope frowned. "You should stay out of it. He's a liar and a thief!" She huffed angrily. "He took a stupid knife." Rafael retaliated. "Nothing in this school is a stupid anything!" Maze insisted, crossing her arms.

She had enjoyed Landon's company, she really had... honestly she thought she may have made a new friend, but after last night, seeing him in the burning bus, made her realise that he wasn't to be trusted.

"Hope. He's my brother. And you guys seem vengeful." Rafael said to the pair. "Let me show you something. Close your eyes." Maze insisted before she raised her hands to Rafael's temples, as she showed him a vision. "What the hell was that?" The boy asked, as he stepped away in shock.