𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. all you had to do was stay

Hope was heartbroken

Hope was heartbroken. The auburn haired girl had sat on her dorm bed alone, trying to get her mind off of Mazikeen.

It had been several days since Mazikeen had left the school, along with Kai, Grace and Azazel. The Parker had reached out to Hope, but she didn't respond. It was too soon.

Lizzie had been messaging the blonde often, sometimes even facetiming her too. The Parker had been pretty vague on what she'd been up to, but was ever so interested in Lizzie's life, and if she and Clarissa were dating yet.

Currently, the Clary was very close by. She knocked on the door to Hope's dorm. "Hopeee, I have something for you." The blonde spoke, in a sing-songy tone.

"Come in." Hope mumbled in response. Clary entered the room in a joyful manner, though her shoulders sunk when she found Hope laying on her bed in one of Mazikeen's hoodies, with tear stained cheeks.

"Oh, Hope." The girl cooed, as she approached Hope's side. The Mikaelson sat up, and instantly accepted the hug she was bound to receive from her sister.

"I bought you beignets." Clary then said, offering a small box to the auburn haired girl. "Aw, Clary. Thank you." Hope replied, hugging the O'Connell before she gently took the box from her.

Hope took one of the beignets and practically shoved it into her mouth. Instantly feeling better, she turned to Clary once she could speak. "I miss Maze." She said.

Clary nodded, before she placed an arm around Hope. "I know... I can't imagine this was easy for Maze either. She really liked you, Hope."

Hope nodded, knowing it would have been a hard decision, but it hurt none the less. "I just wanted her to stay... what if what we had, was love?"

Clary seemed unsure what to say for a moment. Hope reached for another beignet, and took a bite from it.

"I think... if what you and Mazikeen have, is true love, you'll find your way back to one another." The blonde suggested, as Hope looked up at her sister from her half eaten beignet. "You think so?" She asked. Clary nodded, "I really do, Hope."

Before either of the sisters could say anything more, there was a knock at the door. "Come in." Hope called out, not expecting Lizzie to enter.

"Hey!" The Saltzman greeted, a warm smile on her lips upon seeing Clary. "Oh— shit, I forgot about our movie day." The blonde blurted, as she'd been busy thinking about Hope, and how she could cheer her up.

"It's fine, Clar. I bought popcorn, sour patch kids and set up a cosy pillow fort." Lizzie said, as herself and Clary were going to have a movie day, in Lizzie's dorm.