𝐭𝐞𝐧. arachnophobia

Maze, MG, Ari, Ruby, Jesse, Lizzie, Landon, and Hope were running through the woods toward the school when suddenly, MG's school phone starts to ring

Maze, MG, Ari, Ruby, Jesse, Lizzie, Landon, and Hope were running through the woods toward the school when suddenly, MG's school phone starts to ring. MG looked at the screen and saw that it's Alaric who is calling and immediately panicked, before throwing the phone to Lizzie. "It's for you. No way I'm telling your dad what we're about to do." He insisted.

Lizzie groaned as she looked at the ringing phone in her hands, "I suck at lying." She announced before she looked behind her and saw Landon and immediately tossed the phone to him. "You're great at it."

Landon, turned to Hope and passed the phone to her, "You're his favorite." Hope looked at the phone and passed it to Maze. "You're his daughter." She decided.

"Hell no, I'm not telling Dad about this, I'm already on thin ice!" Maze insisted before basically hurling the phone back to Lizzie, who sighed. "You're the hero, Lizzie!" Mazikeen encouraged her.

Lizzie slowed down and answered the call, putting it on speaker so everyone else can listen as well. "Hi, Daddy..." She greeted Alaric. "Hey, thought I'd call, check in, see how things are going..." Alaric said. Lizzie smiled fakely as she tried to sound as innocent as possible. "So good..." She lied.

"Really? Define good, Lizzie, because I don't think that involves me tracking down Dana's body to the glove compartment of the bus!" Alaric snapped as he and Matt had found what's left of Dana's body, indeed shoved into the glove compartment of the bus.

"Listen, Dad, it's fine! We cracked the case. It's a spider—but, like, a bug, huge, nasty spider." Lizzie explained. "And MG's comic books know how to kill it!" Maze announced as Ari facepalmed, noticing MG didn't want Alaric to know of his involvement.

"Comic books? Really?" Alaric asked. "Lizzie, Maze, listen to me—whatever you're thinking of doing? Don't. Okay? So, just tell me where you are, and Matt and I will be right there. And where is Hope?"

Lizzie replied, "I'm sorry, Dad. You're gonna have to trust me for once." before hanging up the phone. "Let's do this."

❤︎

Jade, Rafael and Josie were caught in spiderwebs, inside the Old mill. Out of nowhere, Maze leapt into the mill and distracted the creature by shouting at it and catching it's attention by hitting the pipe she was holding, against the metal railing toward the entrance.

"Hey, you big stupid spider!" She called out. When the arachne turned to see the siphon witch, she immediately went pale at the sight of the monstrous creature in front of her. Instead of rushing off in fear, Maze grit her teeth and tried to push aside the fear before calling out to the spider. "Get away from my sister, you dick!"