𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. you freaking turned her?!

Introducing:

Clarissa "Clary" O'Connell

❤︎

Maze sat with Hope, Clary and Ari, as the other cheerleaders had left. Cheryl gave Hope a pair of cat ears stuck to a headband, which could be used as locator spell material.

"So... how do you two know eachother?" Maze asked Clarissa, hoping to fill in the silence as well as find out more about this close relationship between Hope and Clary.

"Well, my mother Cami O'Connell passed away when I was young, and Hope's dad Klaus promised to take care of me once she died, so I stayed with Hope and Hayley for a few years." Clary began, "So Hope and I are practically sisters."

"Eventually the Hollow came into the mix and it got dangerous so I was put up for adoption." Clarissa continued to explain. "And Damon and Elena Salvatore here in Mystic Falls were looking to adopt so they took me in. Now I live with them and my adoptive sister, Miranda Salvatore."

Maze nodded, taking this all in. "Wow... you have quite the story, Clary." She admitted, as Hope eyed the Saltzman curiously for interrogating the O'Connell.

Just then, a vibrating noise is heard, and Maze pulled a smart phone out of her pocket. "It's Dad." She said before she answered the call, placing the phone to her ear.

"Hey Dad." Maze hummed, "Hey Maze, I need to talk to everyone." Alaric told his daughter, sounding like it was important. Mazikeen frowned, "We split up so we could cover more ground." She confessed as Alaric groaned, "I told you to work together!"

"Well.. have you tried making Lizzie and Hope work together? It's quite the challenge." Maze admitted.

"Look, I'm about to tell you three things, all equally horrifying. So, I need you to keep your cool. Can you do that?" Alaric asked his daughter. Maze nodded, before she placed the phone on speaker, now that the girls were alone.

"Okay. One, Dana is dead." Alaric confessed as Ari's mouth fell open, "Oh my god.." She blurted. "Well.. I actually didn't expect that." Maze confessed, with a look of surprise. "Two, a vampire killed her." Ari looked to Maze, flicking through the names of the vampires in her mind.

"Three, I just told the Sheriff that we had nothing to do with it, so I need to know right now that I'm right. Have either of you heard anything about the vampires at our school feeding?"

"I'm actually not sure.. But I'll find out." Maze declared. "Okay, good. I'll call you back when I know more—and I expect you to be with the group when I do." Alaric responded, before the phone call ended.

❤︎

Maze, Ari and Hope approached their friends, who'd met up and were waiting on them. Clary had left, making sure to keep an eye on the group and make sure that no Mystic High students would approach them.

"I thought we were cool, bruh!" Kaleb's booming voice said to MG. "Don't bruh him! We know you killed Dana." Lizzie hissed back. Maze blinked in surprise, assuming MG probably had a school phone also, and had been updated by Alaric.

Jesse, shocked, looked at Lizzie and MG, "Wait, Dana's dead?" He asked, signing his question. "My Dad said they found her dead from a vampire bite." Maze replied, signing her answer.

"I didn't kill her, so y'all need to get the hell outta my face." Kaleb declared, before he vamp-sped away, but he doesn't get far, as Lizzie casted a silent pain infliction spell on him.

"Come on, guys. Let's go. It's hero time." Lizzie announced, before she walked off. Maze left Hope's side to follow her sister, while Hope looked to Ari before she rolled her eyes, "To the Blondemobile."

When the others finally caught up with Kaleb, Lizzie finally released him from the spell, "Not so fast, Kaleb!" Kaleb, still recovering from the effects of the spell, looked up at the others as he caught his breath. "I told you, all I did was feed. Torture me all you want, but my answer's gonna remain the same... Because I didn't kill Dana!" Kaleb yelled.

Landon, who had been awfully quiet, nervously spoke up, "Uh, he's right..." He admitted. "What..?" Maze asked. "So you're a mind reader now, Landon?" Lizzie snapped. Landon, gestured behind the group, "Call it a hunch."

Loud groaning is heard as Dana, who is still pale and sickly looking, stumbled and fell to her knees right at the edge of the forest. Moments later, Dana was taken to the picnic tables near the parking lot. Ari was helping the girl, as Dana explained what she remembered about the previous night.

"We were on the way to graffiti that mill at your school. It was a harmless prank. But then, I got snatched. Next thing I remember, I woke up in a ditch." Dana sighed, clearly exhausted. She took a deep breath before she continued, turning her attention to Lizzie, "So, enjoy it while you can, Lizzie—I'm sure I look like crap."

Dana reached up to scratch her neck, but touched a bloodied bite mark instead. "Oh, my God! What is that?" Dana asked, horrified. "It's..." Hope began, as Dana looked up at her, desperately seeking an answer, but when Hope is unable to think of a believable lie, she looked around for assistance. "Someone help me out here..."

The rest of the group paused awkwardly until finally, Maze spoke up, finding a way to be a hero while also getting even with her regarding her bullying. "It's... the mother of all hickeys." Maze shrugged, as Dana looked to her, confused. "You're fine, Dana. You're just a little slutty." Lizzie added.

Dana scoffed before she realised where she is and what she's doing, "I don't know why I'm talking to any of you.. I should be talking to the cops." Dana decided as she stood to her feet to walk away, only for Ari to block her path. Dana frowned, As Ari declared, "I can't let you do that..."

Hope suddenly cast a sleep spell on Dana. "Ad somnum." Ari sidestepped away from Dana as she collapsed to the ground. Landon looked to the witch, "I think you mean, Hope can't let her do that..."

Lizzie, horrified, looked up at Kaleb, "So you didn't kill her—you freaking turned her???" Kaleb scoffed, "Turned her? You think I want to sit and listen to that for all eternity?" He asked. Lizzie then looked to MG. "Did you do that?!" She asked. MG frowned, offended to even being asked.

"Well, someone did turn her, meaning that we have a transitioning vampire on our hands." Hope said gesturing toward Dana's unconscious body to emphasise her point. Lizzie let out a groan, before asking, "So what are we gonna do with her?"