𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. something in the way.

Ari stood by her mirror, tying a ribbon in her hair, and she hummed an upbeat tune in her head

Ari stood by her mirror, tying a ribbon in her hair, and she hummed an upbeat tune in her head. There was a knock at her bedroom door, causing her to sing out, "Come in!"

Josie opened the door, giving the Mae a small smile, "Good morning Ari." She greeted, as the brunette turned on her heels, facing Josie with a bright smile.

"Morning Jo!" She chirped, before skipping over to the girl, before they gently kissed.

Over the summer, Landon and Jesse had been stronger than ever, but while they were off being a very cute couple, Josie and Ari got to know eachother. Now, they were practically dating.

Josie pulled away, pressing her forehead against Ari's before taking a step back. "You seem to be in a good mood." She said.

Ari nodded, "I'm always in a good mood." She stated, "But I'm extra happy because Maze comes back today!" She chimed, beyond excited to see her best friend again.

Josie didn't smile, infact if anything her facial expression faltered a little. She hadn't spoken to Maze all summer, and she didn't want to. With the image of her still trying to hurt Alaric fresh in her mind, she wanted nothing to do with Mazikeen.

Ari's expression faltered, "Oh... sorry I didn't mean to um—"

"It's whatever, Ari." Josie replied, cutting her off. "Just... don't expect me to hang out with her." She admitted, basically telling the Mae that she'd have to choose between hanging out with Josie or Maze. She couldn't have both.

The witch nodded sadly, before she turned back to her mirror, to fix her hair.

❤︎︎

Mazikeen had hoped that summer would never end, and that she'd be in Europe forever with Lizzie and Caroline. Unfortunately, that remained a dream.

Summer was over, and the Parker was going back at the Salvatore school along with Lizzie.

She sat in the backseat of Caroline's car, sprawled out as she had been taking a nap. Lizzie sat in the passenger seat, talking to Caroline as the blonde drove them to their school.

Lizzie glanced over at Maze, who was still sleeping soundly. "I don't think Dad is gonna treat her fairly..." She admitted, feeling bad for her sister. It wasn't her fault she was filled with such darkness, and even then she had been controlling it really well until she found out the truth.

Caroline parked the car before she looked over at her niece, as she smiled sadly. She was going to leave for Europe again to try and find a cure for the merge, and she knew for a fact that while she was gone, Alaric would be mistreating their adoptive daughter.