𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. mummy on main street

"Dr Saltzman

"Dr Saltzman... this van is very white of you."

Mazikeen couldn't help but to laugh at Kaleb's comment, though she earned an unamused look from her father.

"It's retro." Alaric responded.

This van was quite large. Alaric and Kaleb sat in the front, Maze sat in the middle row between Hope and Lizzie, and Josie sat between Emma and Dorian in the back row.

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie huffed from her seat.

Maze looked at the other siphoner, with an amused smile. Her sisters had returned from Europe, which she was happy about, but she wasn't sure how to tell them about her and Hope being in a relationship.

To be honest, the only people who currently that knew about Mazikeen and Hope's relationship were Mazikeen and Hope.

Maze had asked Hope that they keep it on the DL, at least until the blonde told Lizzie and Josie. The last thing she wanted was for them to find out by other people, so Maze had decided not to tell her friends yet either. She wanted to tell people, she really did, but she was nervous about telling her sisters.

Well, why wouldn't she be? Lizzie and Josie spent most of their lives disliking Hope. Even when they were kids and Maze was friends with Hope, the other Saltzman girls were unhappy about it.

Speaking of Hope, she decided to pipe up, "I brought snacks."

"Oh, sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?" Lizzie huffed, frustrated that the Mikealson was here. "Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" Hope scoffed in response.

"I would've thought you wanted to spend the break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend." Lizzie huffed, unintentionally hitting a nerve with Maze. "Actually, that's Jesse's boyfriend." She huffed, as Lizzie seemed taken back by her tone.

"Sorry for wanting to protect the outside world from my mistakes. You know, there's currently an urn on a river cruise spreading plagues across America because I thought a unicorn was cute. It's called accountability. Maybe there's a bracelet for it." Hope shrugged, as Lizzie seemed to be getting annoyed.

"Or maybe you just wanted to ruin yet another Saltzman spring break!" The blonde grumbled, as Maze sighed, accepting that this was going to be the longest road trip in her life.

"When have I ever ruined a spring break?" Hope asked, seeming offended by the accusation.

"Girls? We're gonna be in this classic automobile for six hours, all right? So, no bickering." Alaric piped, as Maze looked at her Dad through the rear vision mirror and mouthed, Thank you.