𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. this can only end in blood

Mazikeen rushed through the hallways, hurrying to herself and Hope's shared dorm

Mazikeen rushed through the hallways, hurrying to herself and Hope's shared dorm. While Hope was astral projecting to offer Ken a one on one fight, Mazikeen had been trying to find her father only to learn that he had fled Mystic Falls.

Grace was gone too, but what Maze didn't know is that Kai rendered his wife unconscious before taking off with her body in the night. He didn't want to die, and he didn't want his wife to die either.

Mazikeen had a feeling this would happen, of course it happened as soon as she had made peace with the fact that her father was going to die. But now, with very minimal time before the battle Maze felt like the triggerman had to be her.

The heretic opened her dorm door, as Hope had just finished the spell. "It worked. Ken took the bait." Hope said with a smile, before she noticed Mazikeen's distressed expression. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"Kai is gone. So is my Mum and I can only imagine he took her... I was finally accepting that Kai would be the sacrifice but now he's gone." Mazikeen rambled on, as Hope approached the heretic.

"It has to be me now, Hope." The Parker decided, as Hope shook her head. "Maze, no." The Mikealson pleaded as Maze cupped Hope's cheeks gently with her hands. "It has to be... I... I can't let anybody else die when I have a better chance of survival... and I refuse for Lizzie to trigger the explosion."

"I can't lose you." Hope spoke, her eyes filling with tears. "You won't. There's no leaving eachother, Hope. Not anymore." Mazikeen decided before she gently pressed her forehead against the tribrid's. "Just trust me."

"Fine." Hope decided, as a tear rolled down her cheek before the pair shared a soft kiss, hoping that it wouldn't be their last. As their lips broke apart, Maze used her fingers to gently wipe away the Mikealson's tears.

"I love you." Hope spoke, keeping her eyes on Maze as she hoped deep down that the heretic would change her mind. "I love you too." Mazikeen replied softly, determined to survive this.

❤︎

The battle had been off to a challenging start. Ken had finally appeared, but not after sending Aurora, who'd unsurprisingly changed sides, to fight Hope first.

Upon failing, Ken appeared and tried to kill Hope but Aurora had taken the hit and soon died. As Ken left Aurora and Hope, Ben, Caroline and Molly all tried to fight Ken to no avail.

It was Mazikeen's turn. The Parker began emerging from the woods, but hadn't expected Lizzie to appear beside her.

"Lizzie, what the hell are you doing?" Maze blurted in a harsh, loud whisper. "I'm not letting you do this alone." Lizzie decided, feeling as though it was obvious why she was here.