𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. the world is completely broken

Maze sat in between Ari and Jade, ignoring the tension between the pair as she watched Landon and Jesse walk through the cafeteria, hand in hand

"So... Landon is staying at the school?" Ari asked, as Maze nodded, "It's seems like it." She responded.

Jade stayed quiet, sipping on her black coffee as she eyed the boyfriends. "Landon better look after my brother." She suddenly huffed, feeling protective over her brother.

"He will. Landon seems to really like Jesse... he was looking for a book in the library on learning sign language the other day, so they can communicate more." Mazikeen added. Ari smiled, "That's really sweet."

"Honestly, I think they should teach sign language in school.. most of us learnt it to communicate with Jesse, but what about students in other schools that are deaf or hard of hearing?" Mazikeen asked before a sweet voice hummed, "I agree with that."

The trio spun around, to see a very smiley Hope approaching their table. The Mikealson smiled, taking a seat across from Mazikeen. "Morning beautiful." The tribrid greeted, looking directly at her roommate.

Jade and Ari both blinked in surprise, before looking at the Saltzman whose face reddened. "Uh, good morning Hope." Maze responded, seeming a bit flushed.

Hope just giggled before she hummed, "Mmm. Sweet, sweet carbs." She suddenly said, eyeballing the plate infront of her. "Somebody's in a really good mood." Ari said as the tribrid shrugged, "Hmm. Just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess."

"For the first time ever?" Jade asked, as she had never seen Hope like this. The Mikealson just giggled, before saying in a sweet tone to the wolf, "You're so funny. I love that about you."

Mazikeen looked at her watch, seeing it was nearly time for her appointment with Molly. "I have got to go, I will see you guys later." The siphon witch decided, before getting to her feet.

As she did, Josie and Lizzie approached the table, and went to greet their sister. "Bye beautiful." Hope waved to Maze, as the other Saltzman girls shared a confused look before they looked to a blushing Maze.

"Is she okay?" Lizzie asked, referring to Hope. Mazikeen just shrugged, "I gotta go see Molly, but you guys have to tell me all about Europe when I am done." The blonde decided. With that, Maze gave her sisters a quick hug before leaving.

❤︎

Mazikeen was propped up in a chair, across from Molly. "You seem preoccupied today, love." Molly admitted, holding out a bowl of candies for the girl. Mazikeen politely declined.