𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. the council has decided

"All right

"All right. Voting is now closed." Emma said from the podium, as the students all broke into a round of applause as she prepared to reveal the honor council members. "Let's get started."

Emma looked at the ballot box, which lit up from within and vibrated for a long moment before spitting a piece of parchment into the air. "The werewolf representative will be ...Rafael." She said, reading from the pierce of paper.

A bright smile filled Jade's face as she turned to her new friend and gave him a proud smile. All of the werewolves stood, applauded, and cheered for their new alpha, who was seated in the front row of their section. He smiled weakly, his face still bruised and cut from his battle with Jed earlier.

In the witch section, Josie rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, "So much for not wanting anything to do with the pack..."

"I've always wanted to be part of a power couple..." Lizzie hummed as Maze looked at the witch awkwardly. After a moment, Emma called for them to resume the ceremony. "All right, settle down." She called out and much to Emma's appreciation, the audience fell quiet.

"Thank you. Next up... the vampire representative will be..."

MG stood to his feet and buttoned his jacket as he awaited his name being called but Emma announced instead, "Kaleb!"

As with the werewolves, the vampires all stood, cheered, and laughed excitedly, as Kaleb just smirked proudly. MG's smile fell, before he sat down in his seat while the vampires around him start whooting and dancing, and once again, Emma gave them a moment to congratulate their representative before calling on them to quiet down. "All right, guys, settle down." Emma called out again.

Lizzie got to her feet excitedly before turning to Josie and Mazikeen excitedly, "Showtime. How do I look?" She asks as Maze flashed a smile, "Gorgeous."

The box rattled and spat out its last piece of parchment as Josie straightened Lizzie's side-ponytail and tie. "And the witch representative will be..." Emma begins as the triplets smiled at each other affectionately as Emma read off the final representative. "..Josie."

Lizzie's smile immediately fell she looked to Josie, who was completely surprised. "Huh— was not expecting that. Good job Jo." Maze awkwardly said, turning the girl's attention away from how surprised she was.

Emma wrapped up the ceremony. "Thank you all for voting, and congratulations to our newly-elected representatives."

❤︎

Maze walked out the front of the school, finding Landon sitting on the steps. She seemed curious, before she took a seat beside him.