ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴏɴᴇ

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴏɴᴇ

Okay, this isn't... ideal. To be in between two people while they talk about... a boy... especially when one is your sister and your sister's best friend. ESPECIALLY when you're a fucking lesbian, too. Of course, that senior, EJ Caswell was Nini's new boyfriend.

Ever since Nini has returned from that drama camp, all I hear from her is things about EJ. I don't get the choice, either. Think I'm kidding? I woke up at three in the morning, I was craving cereal, and I went down to the kitchen, doing my thing and before I knew it, Nini was downstairs, talking to me about her new boyfriend while scrolling through his topless Instagram posts. It's. Getting. Ridiculous.

Yeah, not easy for someone like me to deal with... all the time. Don't get me wrong, she was a little like this with Ricky, but that boy seems to be old news, because now, Nini was only interested in water-polo-EJ.

Leaning up against the locker, Nini opened her own up while Kourtney observed the photo in pure detail. Yes, the photo of EJ with no top on, what other photo would it be? Going to open my own locker, Kourtney began to smile a little and gave a remark to my sister.

"I am like 0.2 seconds away from making that my lock screen." Nini tells her.

"It was the lock screen for two days until Mama C found out..." I murmur, causing a glare from my sister. "Message received." I mutter, taking out the last few things I needed before shutting it again.

"I can't tell if you're glowing or sunburnt." Kourtney says to the girl.

I go to make a remark, but Nini put a hand out at me, telling me to keep quiet for once. "Definitely glowing, yes. I had the best summer, ever." She insists to her best friend.

"And what does you-know-who have to say about this?" Kourtney asks. Had I been banned from talking about Ricky? Okay, maybe not, but was it the worst idea I'd ever had to ask about Ricky when she got home from camp? 100%.

"I'm waiting for the right time to tell him." Nini nodded, showing she was insisting on this as she took her phone back from her.

"Yo! Nini! What's good." Speaking of the devil. Ricky Bowen seemed not so different from before the holidays. He was still carrying his skateboard around although, did look worried... as hell. Which, with what I knew- I would be more than worried.

My sister shut the locker and I saw a processing face play before she turned to look at the boy.

"Hey." He smiled at her; a small chuckle also included. He had no idea, and that made things much worse.

"Hey..." The way this was already looking made me want to throw up. Don't even get me started on Valentine's day... "Can we talk?" I saw panic already begin to grow on his face, but it was far, far too late for him to do anything about it. In fact, my advice would've included walking away, so he didn't have to hear it... "I met somebody else at camp. I didn't plan-"

He looks over at Big Red beside him, a little unsure. "Is-is this a joke?"

"Still talking here." She says, shutting him up.

"Oh, snap." Kourtney says beside me, making me smirk. Yeah... Nini was finally standing up for herself- the only next impossible thing that could happen was me getting a date. And that, I know won't happen. 

"I met someone at camp. I uh- I didn't plan for it to happen, but it happened." She continues. "He was the Music Man, I was Marian, the librarian." She shrugs it off as she explains. "It's called a showmance."

"Wait, you went to librarian camp?" Big Red asks, extremely behind and confused. "That's a thing?"

Ricky looks back from Big Red and back at Nini. "Please... Tell me you're joking." He spoke.

"I'm not." Both Big Red and Nini answered at the same time, making both me and Ricky send a glare at the other boy.

"Come on, Ricky." Nini said, taking a step forward. "You know what you did! Or... what you didn't do."

Oh, and if he didn't know- trust me, basically everyone who lived in a three-mile radius of our house and Kourtney's house did. 48 hours after their relationship being on hold and we finally had Nini see daylight. Just your typical mid-teenage relationship crisis. Can't wait for my next break-up.

Ricky just stared at her, finding this all almost impossible. The bell suddenly went, with the principle speaking over the PA system for all to hear.

"Good morning, students. Please make your way to the gym for our annual back-to-school kick-off." The five of us stood there awkwardly as he spoke over the system.

"I don't believe this." Ricky says, my god I could've got him mixed up for a baby who kept throwing his toys out of his pram... Oh wait- "You're blowing me off for some theatre punk you met four weeks ago? At a lake?"

"You kinda dumped me!" She said in return.

"It was a break. It wasn't a break-up." He says. Right, yeah let me just get my Ricky-translator out because he was not speaking my language anymore.

"I'm sorry, Ricky." Nini says. "But it is a break-up now." She told him.

"POP OFF, girl." Kourtney said next to me. I looked over at her with a small grin but kept quiet. I guess you could say that I'd never seen her like this before, and I think was a better version of Nini? I think, at least.

"Stay out of it, Kourtney." Big Red told her, making me roll my eyes. He was starting the wrong fight.

"You stay out of it." The girl snapped back quick. "I'm dismantling the patriarchy this year, I'm not afraid to start with you." Before things could get even more nasty- which was very possible- I rushed Kourtney out of the way, with the help of Nini. As we walked away, Kourtney turned to my sister. "You crushed it. That could not have gone better."

⊱⊰

"And I am also pleased to announce, that this year, seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays." I sat next to Nini, looking down at my notepad and showing no attention to what was being said.

"Go Seniors!" Someone shouted, but that didn't raise anyone's spirits. "FRIDAY!" Another shout but no sprits lifted.

"And now for a special introduction," He continues. I start sketching out a flower on the notepad as he spoke. "this year, East High has a new drama teacher. With an announcement that she swore, in writing, would not cost too much money."

There's an awkward bad array of an applause from no more than ten people on the bleachers. Nini suddenly nudges me, jogging my arm and ruining the drawing, making me send a glare to my sister. She just nods back down at the new teacher.

"Please, hold your applause." She took out some mechanisms, aiming it upwards. "GO WILDCATS." She shot the gun, letting a shirt fire out of it and land on one of the other kids in my art class. "Yeah." She sounded proud of herself as she walked back to the stand, taking the microphone away from what it was propped up on. "My name, is Ms. Jenn." She walked around the side back to where she stood with the microphone. "And, when I heard that the high school where High School Musical was shot has never staged a production of High School Musical, the musical, I was... shocked as an actress," People were already chatting away to each other by the new teacher's words. Which was- great? "inspired as a director and triggered as a millennial." Okay, maybe she overstepped the mark on that last one, but we'll let it slide... "Auditions are tomorrow after school. This show could change your lives, and I'm saying this as a background dancer from the original movie. Third from the left, back row, res headband, and those are my real teeth so-" The student she had stood up with appeared closer to her, rather excited. "Oh, and meet your student choreographer, Carlos. You know him as captain of the color guard. I know him as an unpaid, rising star." She took the microphone away and muttered something to Carlos and the school bell rang again, telling us to get out. Which I would've done gladly, if it wasn't for Nini.

"You're doing that thing again." I said to the girl, catching her off guard. She was pulled out of her thoughts and looked over at me.

"What?" She looked up at me as I packed my stuff away.

"You're thinking far, far ahead." I murmur to her. "You're doing it aren't you? The musical?"

She stood up as I spoke, zipping up my bag. "And you're coming to watch, right?"