ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

I was in my own world the whole night, not really listening to what anyone had to do or say.

"TONIGHT, WAS ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS." Ashlyn shouted, holding up her cup.

With all agreeing, they clashed their cups together and I smiled, trying to enjoy it, but it was impossible to do so.

"I literally don't even remember being on stage." Carlos said, and I chuckled to myself from where I was sat. The same went for me, it was done so quick it felt as though I had definitely overreacted to it all.

Conversations continued while I sat there, the knot in my stomach getting making it more and more difficult to breathe.

"OKAY, EASY, EASY, WILDCATS-" Shouting over sudden booing made me glare over at the two who'd just invited themselves in. "We just came to congratulate you all." Lily told us.

"Okay." I spoke up. "Bye." EJ chuckled beside me while the French boy continued.

"It is true. Your show had a beginning, a middle, and an end. It was wonderful." He said, and I rolled my eyes. "AND, Big Red, you were also in it."

"Bye." I said again, shattering the silence. "Spelt; B-Y-E-"

"Okay, well," Ricky stood up before I could get any ruder. "thank you, guys, for dropping by," He scoffed. "but this is kind of a private party. So, if you could, uh-" He gestured at the door and I continued to shout the word bye at the top of my lungs, with a lot of them waving.

"Can you guys imagine if they actually win at the Menkies?" Big Red asked as Ricky sat back down.

Kourt scoffed. "Honestly, and don't sue me, but I kind of don't care anymore if we win or lose to the competition." She said, with most agreeing with her.

EJ then stood up during the debate. "If I could have a- uh- Senior moment here...I've won a bunch of trophies over the years, you guys. But I'd trade it all for this group right here tonight." He said, close to tears.

With a lot of awws and more around the group, Natalie brought up the big question. "So, what are we gonna tell Miss Jenn?"

"We're all extremely ill and can no longer perform for the Menkies." I said, but I think I myself had used the too ill for school card too many times to mention.

Suddenly, two teachers came walking in, Miss Jenn being the one more excited than the other. "THE ENVELOPE, PLEASE." She said, waving it in her hand. "WILDCATS! I have in my hands the nominations for the Alan Manken Awards for Excellence in High School Musical Theater. I haven't opened it yet, but who's ready for the biggest moment of the year?"

An awkward silence filled the room as we all glanced at each other. "Am I muted?" The teacher asked the other, Mr Mazzara.

"Uh..." Ricky began, with the biggest balls of the group. "Miss Jenn, we were kinda thinking, you know, maybe we won already."

"Yeah." My sister spoke up. "Maybe we don't need or want to see what's in the envelope?"

There was a silence as she let that sink in before sighing. "Oh, thank god." She muttered. "I had to stop four times on the way here because I was physically ill."

She told us, making us all laugh. "Hey-" Big Red held up his drink. "I get it." He told our teacher, making us laugh again.

"So, it's settled." Miss Jenn said. "We're dropping out of the competition." There were nods and agreements all around the silent room. "But what am I gonna do with this?" She asked, holding up the envelope.