ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

The next day, rehearsals were set earlier. Which didn't really bother me, thankfully, due to the fact I did anything but act.

They were doing the dance routine to Stick to the Status Quo while I painted around the outline of one of the backgrounds.

Seb continued to play the piano to the song as they all danced on the top of a cafeteria table. And it seemed like the music wouldn't end. But I just turned back to my work, putting in the little details.

It stopped suddenly and I looked back around, seeing Gina stood proudly with a lunch tray, looking at herself in the mirror as she held her position. My sister stood in the doorway as Miss Jenn started to work her way towards her. "EVERYBODY HOLD!" She shouted out to them before actually looking over at Nini. "Nini, where were you? We've been here for an hour-"

"I am so sorry, I lost my phone and spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer-" She wasn't wrong, either.

I made the mistake last night of going downstairs, again, for a midnight snack, to see the living room couches had been made into a pillow and blanket fort.

"-Which, by the way, did you know there are things that are only on TV at a certain time?" She asked Miss Jenn.

The TV had probably been put on at around... eleven? With multiple history documentaries on... and I think Nini learnt more about UFO sightings than the script and dance routine from any part of HSM

"Okay, anyway, I finally picked it up in the lost and found-" She stopped herself from continuing on. "-Wait, did you say an hour?"

"Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea, you didn't get it?" She spoke to her.

Now, if I had the chance to have seen her at any point this morning, I would've mentioned it, but surprise, surprise, someone was under a pile of pillows and blankets...

"No, because my phone was missing." Nini said, I mean, it was pretty obvious she didn't get it...

"Look- honey-" I dropped my stuff for a moment and looked down at a notification on my phone. Carlos and Gina stood no more than three steps away from me, looking like they'd already gone through the whole film twice and new every line off by heart. Miss Jenn continued to talk to Nini before turning around to look over at the three of us. "If you had been here, you would know that Gina pitched a whole new dance break for Gabriella and Taylor in the middle of Status Quo." Hearing her name, Gina was smiling, walking towards them. "And, she had Carlos work it out with her and it is just dazzling."

Okay, so maybe some of this was new to me. I knew it was a new dance routine, but not for both Taylor and Gabriella... Wait- don't they just stand there for the whole song? Or have I not watched the film properly?

Miss Jenn left the two girls there for a moment, walking over to where me and Carlos were. "Gina?" She turned back around. "Why don't you hydrate and show Nini the new choreo?"

⊱⊰

"You're over thinking." I tell Nini. She was now, of course, saying Gina had taken her phone. It wasn't like she would've done anything anyways; she doesn't know her passcode. She'd stormed over to me, saying how she was only partly over there to avoid Ricky, also because she thought all of this. But I had to hand it to her, if she was willing to steal Nini's spotlight, then perhaps she was willing to steal a phone, too. "Why would she do that?"