ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"OH MY GOSH-" Seb began to shout a little in our practice room as the video played over, and over on Ricky's phone. "That's what's-her-name, Lily from our auditions!"

"Yeah. And unfortunately, she isn't just co-directing the North High show. She's starring in it." I muttered, pissed off as hell.

"You mean perfect-pitch, looks-like-an-actual-Disney-princess, super-fangirl/mean-girl Lily?" Ashlyn asked, and I nodded, wide eyed.

"I'll go with yes..." EJ said to Ash.

"I remember her vaguely." Ashlyn murmured and I sighed.

"Ash, it's gonna be fine-" I began to tell her, yet the video started again, and I got second doubts.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday." Miss Jenn walked into the room as she spoke, hula-hoops in hand, while Carlos followed her with a Target bag full of pool noodles. "Or, most of you all..." She murmured to herself as we all staggered around the benches. The teacher turned back to us as she and Carlos placed multiple bags on the table. "We're missing a teapot and a village idiot."

"Uh- I think they're at the pizza place." Ricky spoke up.

"Yeah, Kourtney texted in the group. They said they couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts." We all looked wide eyed at Seb as he spoke, and EJ hit the boy's arm. "Oh-"

"Oh... I didn't see that text." Miss Jenn said, taking her phone out.

Here's the thing; there's two drama club group chats. There's the group chat with all of us, and Miss Jenn, of course. Where messages of Lin-Manuel Miranda tweets are sent to, along with great quotes from Six, Dear Evan Hansen and Wicked.

And then... there's the more... real group chat. Without Miss Jenn...

"Seb, you mean- the group chat with me, you, EJ and Kourtney, right?" I asked him, speaking up.

That passed, though, and Miss Jenn continued on. "Well, back to the matter at hand-" The teacher said, now accepting the existence of a group chat between me, Seb, Kourtney and EJ. "I can tell from your solemn faces you've all seen... the video."

A few murmured a 'yeah' when I rolled my eyes.

"It's incredible." Carlos complained. "Even I have no notes. I can't believe they stole our show."

"Isn't the Lumiere a French exchange student?" I ask them all, unsure of how true my Instagram stalking was.

"He's what?" Carlos was already on his phone again. Whoops.

"Miss Jenn, how are we supposed to beat North at the Menkies if they're churning out this a second after changing their musical?" Ash asked her teacher, worry throughout her voice and tone. "It's like..." All of us began to chatter amongst ourselves, agreeing.

"Wildcats!" She clapped her hands together, not having it. "Have heart. North High is clearly focusing on bells and whistles. Impressive. But distracting. All we need is..."

"Friendship?" Seb asked. I could already hear Miss Jenn's next two words before she even said them.

"No, Seb, all we need is to get back to basics." The teacher corrected the boy. "Emotional performances that connect with the audience can make all the difference with these judges." Gina, beside me, suddenly went on her phone, and I only glanced at her for a moment before back at Miss Jenn. "And, I have a plan." Oh god. "Which is why you've all been called in today. AND THAT PLAN IS.... A weekend acting intensive."