ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Guess who had a revelation? haha ME. So, I was eating my lunch, like any other day and BOOM. I was just, thinking about that phone situation with EJ and then it hit me. I saw EJ and Gina talking about something or another before the Ski Lodge scene the day Nini did have their phone.

Who's bag was right there where they were talking?

Who was mysteriously around the bag area when the group wasn't there?

Something's adding up here, and it certainly was getting easier to say 1+1 than 1x1+1.

2. The answer is 2...

So, I was walking around, trying to find everyone when I caught Carlos who was rather insistent on finding Miss Jenn and the rest of the group. So, while I asked him if he'd seen Nini anywhere, we did in fact catch up with Miss Jenn and Mr Mazzara.

"Miss Jenn, I got you a matcha half-caf with a shot of Red Bull." He told her, walking closer with me following. "I'm sorry-" He said, suddenly seeing the existence of the other teacher. "-what's going on here?"

"It's nothing." She said, glancing back at the teacher for a moment.

"Are you sure?" I asked, also a little confused.

"Yeah, it's fine."

"You don't look fine." Carlos said.

"Go inside and practice your box step, this is a grown-up conversation." Mr Mazzara told the two of us.

"Miss Jenn," Carlos turned back to the teacher. "is he bothering you?"

Sir walked around Miss Jenn to step over to Carlos. "You know, you ought to spend less time worrying about your drama teacher and more time trying to make some friends under the age of 35." He said to the boy.

The sexual tension between me and slapping a bitch.

There was a moment of silence where Carlos stared down sir before Miss Jenn stepped in between the two of them. "Carlos, go run the Status Quo vocals for a few minutes, okay?" She led him into the drama room and turned to me.

Trust me, if looks could kill, we'd need a new Robotics teacher

"I just wanna know where my sister is, didn't come here to watch people fight." I smiled to her, opening up the door before she could close it and closing it behind me.

"STATUS QUO." Carlos shouted, rather loudly. "We're doing the vocals." Oh, would you look at that, no Nini in sight. I went to leave when Carlos stopped me, giving me a look. Something was going on outside, and part of me said that we were about to do something rather helpful to Miss Jenn.

Everyone was already crowded around the piano but there was no Seb in sight. "Do you play piano?" Carlos asked me. I sighed. "YOU PLAY?"

"In my spare time." I confess. But the boy was already pushing me towards the instrument, putting the play sheet in front of me. Guess I was playing then.

I mean, it wasn't like I didn't know the song, I live with Nini, we might as well watch the film every week, now. So, I began to play, with people catching onto the vocals quickly. It was simple, as long as I followed the sheet and remembered the keys. As Carlos picked up a tambourine from the side, they all started to sing the song, sounding so in sync you wouldn't have believed this time last year I wouldn't have spoken to one person in this room.

Although hearing the sound of the door opening behind us, I played on, seeing everyone smiling to the song we sang and played. Stopping for a moment, I let the vocals go on their own, showing just how well they could do before playing on 'till the end of the sheet of music. Stopping, I looked up at a speechless Carlos. A smile on my face appeared as I stood up from the bench, suddenly remembering a thing or two.

"I have no notes!" He told them all, making them smile. Taking a glance at the door, I saw both the teachers at the door, one smiling and one with his mouth open in shock. I guess we'd just won Miss Jenn an argument, then.

With high-fives being shared between all of us, Mr Mazzara left the room, leaving an even more impressed Miss Jenn. I walked out after that, because, surprise, I still needed to find Nini, and there was still no sign of her.

⊱⊰

After around, half an hour of me walking around the school like a headless chicken, I found her (go me!). She was walking out the doors of the front of the school, meaning I had to call out for her, because, you know, I'm extra.

"NINI." I shouted, getting her attention. My sister looked back at me with a weird look. "I uh- I got it." I said to her, catching up. "It must've been Gina." I say. She looked back at me like I had three heads. "She must've taken the phone. It was either that or E-"

"HEY! NINI!" I turned my head to the door, seeing Ricky now also running towards us. Oh, for god's sake. "I have to say something to you." As the boy walked up to her, he kinda neglected my existence for a moment. "I know we are not a couple anymore; I get that. You have been very clear, but... I thought there was a little trust left between us." He said, but Nini seemed to have no idea what this boy was talking about. "You know, I thought It still meant something to you-"

"I uh- I just can't do this right now-" She went to walk away.

"Fine. Okay." Ricky said, still very sure of himself. "But the next time I spill my guts to you in a voicemail, do me a favour and keep it to yourself." I look over at my sister, of who was just as confused. "I do not need to hear from EJ that it is wrong and stupid-"

"What voicemail?" She asks, cutting him off.

He looked back at the two of us. "What do you mean?"

"Wait- hold on-" I say. "You heard this from... EJ?" I asked, now getting a good look at EJ from across the yard.

"Casey, what are you thinking?" Nini asked me.

"What I was going to tell you... I think I was wrong about Gina..."