ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

Staring at the screen I glanced over at Nini on call with Ashlyn, of who was fangirling over how well the song was already doing on Insta. Back at my phone, and at my sister.

Oh, for god's sake Casey just go, you're not gonna regret it, and you know it.

I jumped up from the floor, walking towards the door.

"Hey- where're you going?" Nini asked me as I did so.

"Uh..." I glanced back and thought. "Out?"

"It's dark out." She pointed out. See what I did there?

"I know." I nodded before grabbing the door handle, opening it and closing Nini's door after me. Rushing down the corridor, I then walked into the kitchen, grabbing my keys and running out the door. Hopefully Gina likes a last-minute Uber driver change...

⊱⊰

Opening up the doors to the airport, I glanced around the place, realising I hardly knew where she'd be. Until I saw her, that was. The girl was busy, glancing at her phone as she stood on the escalator. She wore the beanie that I'd left in the jacket, too, making me smile.

As she kept herself occupied, I stood on the other escalator that took me up before leaning over to her. "Excuse me, have you seen my jacket anywhere? It had a hat in its pocket?" Her head turned at my voice before a smile dawned on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as I walked back down the escalator.

I shrugged. "Helping out my friend who's flight was cancelled." I said to her, walking around and picking up one of her suitcases, and then the one behind her. G stood there, staring at me for a moment.

"Yeah." A smile stuck on her face like glue, along with the stare as I glanced back up at her from the cases.

"Look, if you'd like, I can... bring you back here in the morning? As long as the flight isn't cancelled, of course." I pointed out to her. "Oh- also, I got McDonalds in the car, for you. Figured you might be hungry." The girl chuckled lightly before nodding.

"Okay." I glided the cases across the floor and towards the door (that rhymed, look at me go!) when I realised, I was very much alone with two suitcases.

Turning back, I gave her a look. "G. Those chicken nuggets are not gonna eat themselves." I told her, but she was stuck, really. "You okay?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Yeah." Her voice was slightly more high-pitched than I remembered, but instead, I went with it. She followed me to the doors out of the airport and we walked out towards my car that did indeed have the McDonalds in it. Probably getting slightly cold.

As we drove into the parking lot, Gina found herself going through the bag of food, looking for what was hers', but the truth was it was all for her, and I'd texted Ash beforehand asking for G's usual order. "So, other than your flight being stupidly cancelled, how was it?" I asked her, pulling into one of the spots, and she shrugged.

"Quite boring." She told me as she tried to put the seat back, while also holding a box of fries. "But what I did learn was a butterfly's face is weird." I chuckled, looking over at her as she sat up.

"Of course, you did..." I murmured.

"Apparently, the safest part of a plane is the back, though, so I'll be asking for a seat on the back." She told me, turning in the seat slightly to face me. "How's Spring break with Nini?"