ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

I knocked on the door, rapidly, not knowing what to do. I stared down at my phone, seeing Ashlyn still had my multiple texts on delivered. Why was I already at her house if she hadn't even seen it? No, that wasn't the right question. Why was I even here?

The messages had been non-stop since Nini had posted the video online, and I'd been doing my best to ignore them. But, surprise, it was impossible.

I knocked again and heard a shout but couldn't hear what had been said. Glancing around, I suddenly got more conscious of their neighbours, and realised that this made me look dodgy as hell.

Pulling the hat over my head, I glanced around, trying to look like I wasn't some drug dealer in my baggy jeans and jacket, which was easier said than done.

The door opened, and there Gina stood. Fuck. I forgot. "Casey." A smile grew on her face quickly while I stood there awkwardly.

"Uh, hi..." I murmured. "what're you doing up so late?"

"Uh... I live here? It's not like you exactly have a bedtime, Case." She said, moving to the side to let me walk in. As I did so, she closed the door after me.

"Right... good point... Is Ash around?" I asked, glancing over at the girl.

"Oh, she went out to buy some kind of new shirt." Gina told me, walking towards the couch. I pulled a face as I followed her. "Yeah, I didn't ask." As I stood there awkwardly, the girl sat down and held up the ball of yarn.

Knitting? The girl I have a crush on knits? Of course, she does...

"Hey, can you hold this for me?" She asks me. "It keeps getting tangled up." I needed to speak to Ash, and bad. A pep talk was what I needed most. But, what the hell. This was Gina. I was wrapped up around Gina's finger and she didn't even know it.

"Sure." I smiled, taking it from her as I sat down next to her. As she handed it to me, she sat down so she was facing me better.

"So, how've you been?" She asked me, and I tried not to grimace. "That bad, huh?"

"That obvious?" I asked in return. She raised an eyebrow as she continued to knit the scarf. "My ex can't leave me alone, suddenly." I told her. "I blocked her number, but it seems she has got a new one and she's been messaging non-stop, asking for forgiveness."

"Have you told Nini?" I shook my head at the girl's question. "Why not? She's your sister, Case."

I pulled a face in return. "G, if Nini found out Willow was texting me, again, my sister will go to jail for murder in the same week."

"Well- what happened? That makes Nini hate her so bad?" Gina asked, glancing up at me from the two needles.

"Willow cheated on me." I murmured. There was pain in Gina's eyes, but it was hardly the worst of it. "More than once." I glanced away, with a sudden interest in the ball of yarn other than the story. "She broke up with me after a few months, anyways-"

"Casey." I looked up at Gina as her voice softened. "Are you okay?"

I gave her a look, scoffing mentally as she asked the question. "Yeah..." There was a moment of silence as she challenged my statement. "It's been ages- we've both moved on... at least that's what I know." I thought for a moment. "Sometimes I wish if I could move to another state and start fresh. But Willow? She haunts me more than... I dunno..." I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Chasing shadows in the grocery line?" I looked over at her at the lyrics, eyes wide.

"Gina. Porter." She smiled at my sudden excitement. "You've been listening to folklore?!"