ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ

Watching intently, I counted out loud how many shoes Nini was packing. "Six.... seven..." I turn my head rapidly. "NINI? DO YOU REALLY NEED SEVEN PAIRS OF SHOES?" I shout down the hallway, hoping she was the one who heard instead of my moms.

"YEAH?" Was all that I heard, her tone as if to say that it was obvious to pack seven pairs of shoes for a short trip to L.A. After a second of silence, my sister pops her head back through the doorway. "Can I borrow this?" One of my many sweaters are held in her hands while the girl asks me the question.

"Do I get a choice?" I reply, already seeing it getting flung into one of her many piles of 'borrowing' clothes.

"Not really." I hear her say, then walking back to my room.
Mama D, C and Nini were going off to LA for the two weeks. At the beginning, it was my plan to follow, but then something else crept up. I was going to England. Again. To see my birth family. That's what had fucked up my date with Gina. My birth sister getting my number.

"It would be good for you." Mama D had said. "Meeting them would be nice."

"It would be shit for you." Nini had said. "You will probably be disappointed, you know?"

"DO YOU THINK I'LL BE GOING SWIMMING?" Nini shouts from my room.

"I DUNNO?" I shouted back, grabbing my phone off of her bed, mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and social media in general. Wait.
I sit up in Nini's bed I was laying on, eyes taring away from the phone. "NINI?" I called. I wait. No reply. "NINI WHY'RE YOU ASKING ME-" I began, rushing out the door to find her. "THAT'S JUST GROSS, YOU KNOW-"

⊱⊰

"And you know how to work the washing machine?" Mama D asked me- again. I showed her my facial expression to the quiz she was currently giving me, helping Nini put her suitcase in the back of their car while doing so.

"Yes. It's the same one I've been using for the last several years." I smile back, sarcastic tone staining my comment completely.

"And you're not gonna throw any parties." Nini then adds on, slightly mocking our mother's tone.

I chuckle a little as I glanced over at Neens. "Oh hell yeah, with all seven of my friends." I then look back over at Mama D. "We party hard." I say, once again sarcastic as fuck.

She stares at me, then at Nini. Then back at me, again. "I can't tell if you're being serious or not."

Without even thinking, and somehow keeping a straight face, I go on. "Mom, I've never been so serious about anything like my party life." Our front door opens once again, with Mama Carol walking through- dragging her own suitcase.

Mama D looks at me as if I were under suspicion of murder and currently being interrogated. "Mom?" Nini calls for our mother's attention. "She's fucking around. She's going away tomorrow, anyways." Nini then adds a tone to the end of her voice, telling me just how she felt about me leaving for England. 

As she lets out a sigh of relief, I laugh once again, helping out Mama C with her own suitcase- surprisingly heavier than Nini's one. What, did she pack eight pairs of shoes or something?

"I'm gonna miss you all." I tell the three of them, groaning at the same time as I dropped the final suitcase in the back of the car. 

"You could come with us, still." A lecturing sister of mine tells me, which kinda hurt more.