001

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter one
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter oneCHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(new years eve, pt i)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Standing at the top of the stairs in the cafeteria, Dylan Valdez waited with EJ Caswell and Gina Porter for their que to begin singing. The entire drama program was putting on a performance of somethings in the air (a song written she wrote with Nini Salazar-Roberts and Ashlyn Caswell) for their new Instagram page. Everyone had paired up for their parts but due to the odd number within the program and the fact that Gina had a dance break with Dylan straight after their part Gina was put with Dylan and EJ.

The holidays were approaching and East High was decorated beautifully for it with ribbons in the hallways and Christmas trees in the cafeteria. Just to add to the Christmas spirit, the whole department had decided to dress in holiday or winter themed clothes to go with their holiday themed song. Dylan had decided to wear an oversized red Christmas jumper, her dad insisted on buying new ones every year as a tradition, her black leggings, a pair of black converse and a red ribbon that tied her hair in a half up ponytail.

Finally the trio heard Seb and Carlos finish their part of the song, the camera turning to face the three.

"The end and the beginning of another year." EJ sang as Gina ran down the stairs, him walking a bit slowly before turning to Dylan who was behind him.

"Takin' in the memories that we've made right here." Dylan sang smiling at the boy, before they both pointed at Gina.

"The tree is goin' up. And my roots are goin' down." Gina smiled as she sang, the two joining her at the bottom of the stairs.

"All around I'm feelin' it. Are you feelin' it?" The three sang together. Ej spun Dylan under his arm before he ran out of the camera view, Dylan and Gina completing their dance break. When they were finished they walked towards the lockers, signalling for Nini and Ricky to come out of the lockers and begin to sing.

"The season of celebrating, the memories we'll be making," Nini and Ricky continued, the rest of the drama department joining in with them as they appeared behind the couple who let go of each other's hands. "Making a change, make a new start."

"I'm gonna make my mark," Dylan and Gina said together, making their way to the very front of the group while high-fiving each other.

"There's something in the air," everyone chorused, beginning to dance down the hallway in the choreography Carlos had taught them. Ashlyn added ad-libs on the top, tying the whole chorus together. "About to go off right now. Lighten up all around, I feel it coming, something in the air. A time to look forward to, get ready for something new. I feel it coming, something in the air."