015

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter fourteen
DANCE OFF
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter fourteenDANCE OFF┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(the field trip pt iii)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Dylan, along with everyone else, gathered in the auditorium of North High. She stood with her friends as they stretched and warmed up. Dylan took a deep breath, her and Gina sharing a determined look as they nodded. Dylan turned to see Lily talking to Ricky, the blonde sending Nini a small smirk as she walked past her. Dylan furrowed her eyebrows at the interaction but shrugged it off when Lily spoke.

"Okay, everyone warm-up is over, gather around." Lily announced. "I will now press shuffle to choose the song."

"After which I will prepare a dance remix of the song, since I, on occasion, DJ." Antoine added.

"Ah, of course, he's a DJ." Big Red commented bitterly.

"Non monsieur, I DJ, but I would not say I am a DJ."

"Thanks for the clarity."

"Everyone ready?" Lily questioned. "And it's..." She dramatically lifted her arm and pressed on her phone screen, her face visibly falling. "The Mob Song."

"Yes!" EJ exclaimed, while everyone began to complain. EJ stared around at them. "I knew you all didn't like The Mob Song."

"Of course you like it." Dylan muttered.

"It's not really a dancing song." Big Red insisted.

"It's boring!" Ashlyn agreed.

"It's fine guys," Gina cut in. "We're East High. We can make anything work."

"Yeah, we can," EJ responded. 

"Open the curtain!" Lily called. 

The big red curtains then opened to reveal a beautiful set consisting of a platform and some stairs. Dylan's eyes widened while everyone else began to comment about it in shock. North High's Beast — for some reason — was standing on the steps wearing his Beast mask and his costume. Dylan raised an eyebrow. Uh, didn't Lily say no costumes? 

"Is it just me, or is all of this, like, off-the-rails insane?" Nini inquired. 

"Uh, honestly, if you don't wanna do it with us, you could always take off." Ricky shrugged. "Don't want you to feel confined," He added, obviously insinuating towards her Rose Song. Dylan looked behind her to where the couple was stood, her eyebrows furrowing as she listening to the boy.

Nini shook her head before walking away. "This is a bad idea."

Dylan shot Ricky a look, but he just shrugged at her. Dylan made a mental note to speak to Nini when they were finished.