023

After using the excuse that she needed extra practice for the number, Dylan managed to avoid having a talk with her mum. However, her presence alone had thrown Dylan ever so slightly. And so with a pep talk from both EJ and Nini, Dylan now stood in the wings with Gina, waiting for their cue for Something There.

Ricky and Ashlyn settled themselves down on the table for their picnic courtyard set. The curtain rose, and the audience applauded once they noticed Ricky and Ashlyn there. Instantly the upbeat music for Something There began to play from the orchestra.

Together, Ricky and Ashlyn pretended to drink their soup out of their bowl rather than with a spoon, just like in the original movies. Natalie roped in one of the napkins with a fishing line to make it seem like the wind was merely blowing it away. Ricky caught it, and he offered it back to Ashlyn. Ashlyn smiled gently and grasped it. The boy sat back down, staring at his paw like he couldn't believe she had touched him so casually.

"There's something sweet, and almost kind," Ashlyn sang, turning her body so that she was facing the audience. "But he was mean, and he was coarse, and unrefined. And now he's dear, and so unsure." She looked over at Ricky once more. "I wonder why I didn't see it there before."

Ricky then stood up and walked a little to the right, making Ashlyn stand up and walk to the left, still staring at him. "She glanced this way, I thought I saw. And when we touched, she didn't shudder at my paw." He held his paw up for the audience to see. "No, it can't be, I'll just ignore."

The two of them locked eyes from across the way. "But then she's never looked at me that way before."

Ashlyn then approached center stage, throwing both sides of her skirt dramatically as she stared out at the audience with an adoring expression. "New, and a bit alarming." Her face slightly fell to show Belle's conflict. "Who'd have ever thought that this could be?" She sat down on the bench, and Ricky suddenly joined her, offering her a single white rose. EJ and Dylan shared a soft smile.

Meanwhile, Natalie blew some fake snow into the fan as Ashlyn took the rose and held it close to her chest. "True, that he's no Prince Charming." Ashlyn looked up in wonder at the snow, and Ricky quickly stood up, taking off his cloak to drape it over her instead. "But there's something in him that I simply didn't see."

Carlos then walked onto the stage, looking confused for a moment before gesturing for the others to follow. Gina and Dylan shared a smile before plastering on a confused expression and making their way on stage. Ashlyn walked up to Ricky, straightening out his collar and brushing some fake snow off of his costume. The two of them shared a quick smile before moving on.

"Well, who'd have thought?" Carlos inquired as Lumière, standing at the back of the stage Dylan, Gina, Kourtney, and Seb.

"Well bless my soul," Kourtney added.

"Well, who'd have known?" Dylan continued.

"Well, who indeed?"

"And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?" Carlos voiced.

Meanwhile, Ricky and Ashlyn began to dodge from each other from around the fountain.

"It's so peculiar," Kourtney began.

"Wait and see, a few days more," Carlos, Kourtney, and Dylan harmonized. "There may be something there that wasn't there before."

As she sang, Dylan looked over at EJ, the boy staring at her with a lovestruck expression on his face. Ricky then offered his arm out to Ashlyn. She linked their arms together, and Ricky got their picnic basket before the two of them began to walk off the stage.