024

As if it couldn't be more of a relief, East High's production of Beauty and the Beast was finally over. Ricky's transformation had honestly gone pretty well despite not having his harness. Dylan was now back in her regular clothes.

Some of her stage makeup was still on, but she didn't mind. Kourtney was now dragging her and Ricky along to the bomb shelter where the rest of the cast was gathered. They were in the middle of trying to remove all of Ricky's Beast makeup, but Kourtney insisted that they should tell everyone how the transformation went. 

"Oh my God, y'all," Kourtney announced, scurrying into the room with Ricky and Dylan right behind her. "Ricky's transformation." 

"Wait, how'd it look?" Lauryn, one of the dancers, asked. 

"Honestly?" Kourtney glanced over at Ricky.

"Passable." Dylan shrugged. The whole room cheered.

Nini then focused on Ashlyn, who was the next person to walk through the door. "Hey, give it up for our star!" 

They cheered again. Ashlyn smiled gratefully at all of them, practically glowing.

"Uh, has anyone seen my boyfriend?" Ashlyn questioned. "It feels like I've been missing him all night." 

"I think he pushed himself a little hard," Carlos admitted. 

"But I'm pretty sure he left a letter at your locker," Ricky added. 

"Uh, couple letters, actually," EJ corrected. 

"Oh, okay, wow," Ashlyn replied. "That's — that's sweet. Um, maybe I'll read them on the way to Slices. Good show, everyone." 

They all watched as Ashlyn slowly left the room, her mood seemingly deflated at the thought of Big Red not waiting for her after the show. Her hand brushed against the flowers in the huge basket she had gotten for Big Red before leaving completely. Everyone else shared knowing looks. They all knew what Big Red was actually putting together for Ashlyn, which is why he had been kind of avoiding her during the show.

Dylan — quickly and quietly — ran excitedly up to the door, the rest of the group following them. They stopped in the doorway, bright smiles on their faces as they watched Big Red show Ashlyn his gift. Everyone else then peeked their heads out to watch as well. 

"Biggie?" Ashlyn began, her voice quiet and kind of choked up since she had started to cry. 

"Oh, uh . . ." Big Red stood up from kneeling on the floor and held up a Broadway-looking sign that read ASHLYN. "I've always seen your name in lights." Her name then lit up on the sign. 

Ashlyn stepped closer to him, sniffling slightly. "This is what you were doing in between scenes all night?" 

"Yeah. No. Sometimes I was actually puking. You were the perfect Belle, tonight. I was really proud." 

"Come here, you evil genius," Ashlyn demanded, crying harder — but not of sadness this time. 

They went to embrace, but the sign was in the way. Big Red moved it to the side of him before indulging in Ashlyn's hug. With a quick reassurance that getting paint on her was okay, Ashlyn took Big Red's face in her hands and kissed him sweetly. Dylan smiled happily at them, before she sighed.

The brunette turned around, leaving the bomb shelter out the other entrance to get into the hallway. She took a deep breath as she made her way over to where her mum was standing.

"Mother." Dylan stated, gaining her attention.

"Dylan, baby. How are you feeling? You were fabulous." Camilla complimented, bringing the girl into a hug, that made Dylan severely uncomfortable.