007

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter seven
NINI AND DYLAN
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter sevenNINI AND DYLAN┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(the storm pt i)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Dylan woke up the next morning, extremely tired. She had spent most of the night, writing the song EJ told her to and waiting for her dad to get home so she knew he was safe. When he eventually did get home, Sebastian saw Dylan sat on the floor of their living room and smiled before throwing a teddy at her head.

"You didn't think I would forgot did you?" Was what he said as she laughed at him. The man then stumbled up to bed, Dylan hearing him snoring not long after.

Dylan jumped awake when her alarm went off, her laying on her bed, notebook and pens sprawled next to her from the night before. She started to get ready when her phone rang. The brunette was confused as to who would be ringing her this early until she read caller id.

Her mother, Camilla Sanchez was phoning her and as much as she thought about letting it go to voicemail or declining the call, Dylan knew that her mum would simply continue to call and call and message and message until the girl answered. And so she pressed the green button and spoke to her mum.

Which was why, before going to rehearsals, Dylan was on a bench outside the school, snow falling around her, phone in her hand as she stared at the contact on the screen. She pressed the call button, the call going through to voicemail. Dylan sighed, thinking for a moment before deciding to leave a voicemail.

"Hey Nini. I know you're leaving for Denver soon and I probably shouldn't be calling you up and leaving you a voicemail to get all my feelings out but you're the only person who I've ever spoken to this about properly and you're the only one who understands it." Dylan sighed. "My mom phoned me this morning and she was really drunk and I'm pretty sure she was high too but phoned to tell me that she hoped I had a horrible Valentine's Day."

Dylan wiped a stray tear from her face. "I told her that my day was fine and then she went on a rant and told me that it shouldn't have been good or fine it should've been terrible because everyday since I was born her days have been terrible and it's my fault. She told me that she wished I was never born and I guess it's nothing I haven't heard before but then she said I didn't deserve any form of happiness."

Dylan placed her hand on her forehead as her leant her elbows on her knees, taking a deep breath and squeezing her eyes shut as if to not let anymore tears fall.

"And she's never said anything like that and I started to think, what if I don't deserve any happiness. I mean it's not like I'm the best person in the world, I'm literally burdening you while you're in a drama school with my silly problems and I have to go to rehearsals soon and they'll ask me what's wrong but I can't tell them because then I'll be burdening them and then I'll be on my own and..."