025

Now at Salt Lake slices, the whole theatre group gathered around the tables for an opening night party. Dylan sat with Gina and Nini, the two making sure she kept smiling.

Ashlyn raised her cup of soda. "Tonight was one for the record books."

They all cheered, clinking their cups together.

"I literally don't even remember being on stage." Carlos admitted.

Seb placed his hand on top of Carlos' "The rest of us will never forget it."

Dylan nodded in agreement, leaning over to pat Carlos' shoulder, "For real, Carlos. You absolutely slayed Be our Guest."

The bell then chimed, signalling somebody was entering the restaurant. Dylan's eyebrows knit in confusion — it was closed for a private event and everyone was here. However, when she looked over, Dylan immediately rolled her eyes. It was Lily and Antoine themselves. Everyone boo'ed once they walked in.

"Okay, easy, easy, easy, easy, Wildcats." Lily began. "We just came to congratulate you all."

"It is true." Antoine added. "Your show had a beginning, a middle, and an end. It was wonderful."

All of them stared at him and Lily incredulously.

"And Big Red, you were also in it."

"Okay, well, thank you guys for dropping by, but this is kind of a private party." Ricky stated, scoffing as he stood up from his chair, "So if you could, uh—"

"Bye." Everyone chorused.

All of them continued with their various forms of goodbye to try and get Lily and Antoine to leave. As Ricky followed the two out, everyone began talking about the audacity they had of coming.

"Can you guys imagine if they actually win at the Menkies?" Big Red questioned.

"Honestly, and don't sue me, but I kind of don't care anymore if we win or lose to the competition." Kourtney admitted.

To be honest, Dylan kind of agreed with Kourtney. She was over all the petty fighting with North High. High school theatre was supposed be about having fun with friends while singing and dancing but this felt more structured and strict.

"I actually feel the same." Gina voiced.

"Okay, I thought it was just me." Carlos said.

"I mean, we did it, right?" Big Red inquired. "We already got everything we wanted.

"But just let this whole competition go, after all this work?" Ashlyn asked.

EJ then stood up from the table. "If I can have a, uh, senior moment here. I've won a bunch of trophies over the years, you guys. But I'd trade it all for this group right here tonight."

The group all murmured out 'I love you's at the boy, who was getting slightly choked up. And against his better will, EJ looked over at Dylan, who was sending him a soft smile.

"So what are we gonna tell Miss Jenn?" Natalie questioned.

All of them were silent. They all knew that this competition meant a lot to Miss Jenn. However, as it turned out, they didn't have time to discuss that, because Miss Jenn came marching into the restaurant with Mr Mazarra right behind her.

Miss Jenn held up a manila envelope with silver swirl stickers at the corners. "The envelope, please. Wildcats, I have in my hands the nominations for the Alan Menken Awards for Excellence in High School Musical Theatre. I haven't opened it yet, but who's ready for the biggest moment of the year?" All of them just kind of stared at Miss Jenn awkwardly, and she leaned closer to Mr Mazarra. "Am I muted?"