017

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter sixteen
A BLOOMING RELATIONSHIP AND A RUINED ONE
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

( i have really rubbish wi-fi so a gif will be imported shortly )

(most likely to pt ii)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Later that night, Dylan was sat on Ashlyn's sofa. Her, Ashlyn and Gina decided to have a girls night after Ashlyn got into a bit of an disagreement with Big Red. However, Ashlyn had gone out and Gina was upstairs, in the shower. The doorbell rang, Dylan furrowing her eyebrows before going to answer it — seeing as no one else could.

"Hey EJ." Dylan greeted the boy, him standing in the doorway, his Duke sweatshirt over his shoulders. "You okay?"

"Um, what are you doing here?" EJ asked her.

"I'm having a girls night." Dylan answered.

"No, I know. I don't know why I said that. I went to your house first and your dad said you were here." EJ rambled slightly. "I'm a little out of it."

Dylan then fully opened the door, allowing the boy to come inside. The two walking towards the living room. EJ hesitated, "Is my cousins around?"

"Uh, she's out getting some kind of shirt, I didn't ask." Dylan laughed slightly. "And Gina's having a extremely long shower."

Dylan sat on the sofa. She watched EJ for a moment, taking in his hands fumbling with the hem of his top, and his frantic eyes that showed how bad of a day he was having before she spoke up, "You ever feel like having a legacy as a parent is the worst curse ever."

EJ sighed, sitting next to her. "All the time."

"Yeah, because of my dad I have already been accepted into Harvard, and now Eve being basically my step-mum, I have a place at Columbia, and because of my mum I could be on broadway as soon as I leave school." Dylan explained.

"Wow." EJ breathed out. "That sounds like you have a few options."

"Yeah, and I'm eternally grateful for everything that I have but, it's just..."

"You didn't earn it." EJ finished. Dylan nodded. "I feel like that a lot too. Like my dad could just wave a wand and everything would be fine. It's like my entire life has been mapped out since I can remember."

"I cant even imagine what it's like to have your entire life planned for you." Dylan shook her head.

"You don't have anything planned for the future?"

"No." Dylan shook her head once more. "I hate change. I absolutely despised it. And the future is all about change, so, why would I plan that, when I could just stay in the right now where everything is the same as it's always been. I'll worry about the future later."

"You always seem to know what you want though." EJ's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, what do you want?"

EJ paused at her question, not having an answer as he chucked nervously. "I don't know."

"Okay, close your eyes." Dylan demanded, turning to him. EJ obliged. "What do you see when you think about your life?"

"I see a guy who cheated at water polo, and who tried to bribe Miss Jenn into giving him the part of Troy." EJ sighed. "And there's more."