010

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter ten
CAN I HAVE THIS DANCE
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter tenCAN I HAVE THIS DANCE┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(the quinceaneto pt ii)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The party was in full swing, everyone chatting and mingling. Dylan played with a bracelet on her wrist nervously as she looked around, not noticing when someone stood next to her until they placed their hands over her's to stop her from moving. Dylan turned to face EJ.

"You ready?" He asked her softly.

"No."

"You'll be great, okay?" EJ reassured her. "Just you and me, like in rehearsal, okay?"

"Let's go." Dylan smiled, grabbing EJ's hand and dragging him onto the stage. The two had made sure that the middle of the barn was clear, the hay bales moved to the side for their surprise. EJ handed Dylan a mic, him having one in his hand as he stood next to her. "Hey everyone!"

The group all turned to face the two, smiles settling on everyone's faces as they knew what was about to happen. "For starters Happy Birthday Carlos, you are probably, one of the most amazing people I have ever met and you deserve every bit of happiness the world can give to you, um, and I know that you thought that I was like a scary, cold hearted, untouchable person before but I hope that you feel differently now because I know I feel differently about you. I love you Carlos Rodriguez, you're family, and, uh, because you're actual family cant be here and this is your quineanero then EJ and I took it in to our own hands to do the family dance with you."

"Here to you Carlos." EJ spoke as the music started, the two handing their mics off stage, knowing everyone's voices would be loud enough. The two turned to each other once they were in the middle of the barn, EJ being significantly taller than Dylan. The boy sent her a reassuring smile as she began to sing.

"Take my hand, take a breath" EJ took a deep breath as he placed his hand on her waist, the other holding Dylan's hand. "Pull me close and take one step. Keep your eyes locked on mine, and let the music be your guide."

"Won't you promise me." EJ sang as the two began to dance around the small space, Nini and Ricky joining in as Dylan sang over the boy.

"Now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget."

"We'll keep dancing."

"To keep dancing."

"Wherever we go next." Ashlyn and Big Red were the next two to join in, EJ and Dylan paying no attention as they kept eye contact while everyone who was dancing sang.

"It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you. It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do, and with every step together, we just keep on getting better."