020

Dylan Valdez was in a mood. She had been fine for the first part of Spring Break, laughing, joking, and fully participating in whatever her Aunt Amelia had planned. And then all of a sudden, the day after she went out with Ricky, the girl shut down. She closed herself off in her bedroom, and didn't speak to anyone for the entire day. The day after that, the family managed to convince her to come out of her bedroom, but the girl was clearly upset and annoyed at something, and so decided not to push it too hard in fear of her snapping.

When she got home, Dylan had a small talk with her dad, but he hadn't got much out of her and why she was upset. The only person the girl had really spoken to was Nini, the brunette coming to visit Dylan the day after she got back to catch up. Other than that Dylan hadn't spoken to anyone, only few word answers, and lots of eyerolls.

Ashlyn was concerned about the girl, especially since her own cousin was also acting weird. Ashlyn had tried to speak to EJ but he was seemingly in a mood of his own. Truth be told, Dylan and EJ hadn't spoken since he phoned her while she was with Ricky. It wasn't that Dylan hadn't tried speaking to the Caswell boy, but after the fourth ignored text she gave up.

Maybe that was why she was in a mood, that's the conclusion Ashlyn had come to. They were both in a mood because they hadn't spoken to each other in five days. What she didn't know was that the real reason Dylan was in a bad mood was because she saw something she didn't particularly like and the only person she wanted to rant to about it was ignoring her, and so because of the petty person she is, Dylan decided to ignore him to.

And that brings Dylan to the present day — the first rehearsal after spring breaks. She stood with Ashlyn, who was wearing Belle's travelling coat, and the rest of the cast on the stage. Her arms were crossed as she watched EJ and Ricky play around with the Beast mask.

"You're staring again." Kourtney suddenly said.

Dylan blinked and turned to face her, "What?"

"You've been staring at EJ all day." Kourtney told her.

"I'm not staring, I'm glaring." Dylan corrected.

"It's basically the same thing, your eyes have not left that boy all day." Kourtney then raised her eyebrows. "What happened over spring break?"

"Nothing." Dylan shrugged. "Absolutely nothing happened."

"I feel like that's the problem." Big Red spoke up from next to them, the two girls not speaking as quietly as they thought they were.

Before anyone could answer Carlos walked down the stage towards Miss Jenn, although none of the conversation stopped. "All right, let's get started! Hello? Let's get started!"

"Okay, Wildcats." Miss Jenn announced, clapping her hands to get their attention.

All of them moved to form a little clump in front of Miss Jenn, the woman explaining that they were to do the Beast transformation. The transformation didn't exactly go well, Dylan trying as hard as she could to stifle her laugh as she watched Ricky choke on the Beast hair, before he struggled to get the Beast mask all together and her final straw was when he threw it straight at Natalie's face.

Miss Jenn stood up, speaking through gritted teeth before announcing she would be in her office. Carlos told them to go on a long five until Miss Jenn returned. Dylan watched as Ashlyn went over to talk to Ricky, her being so distracted she didn't notice a different Caswell walking over to her.

"Dylan, hey." EJ greeted nervously. Dylan spun around in surprise, before her eyes narrowed once more, her stubbornness taking over.

"Caswell." She acknowledged.