019

Dylan woke up a few days later to her curtains being opened for her, the sun shining straight at her face. The girl groaned, pulling her duvet up higher to cover her eyes. She groaned once more when two people jumped on her, pulling the duvet from her grip and yanking it away from her face.

"Morning." Jeremiah greeted, as she sat up.

"Morning." Dylan grumbled.

"What are we doing today?" Sara asked.

"I am going to meet my friend that I haven't seen in a while." Dylan told them. "Today is the only day in this week that is not planned out to the second so I am using it and getting away from you crazy lot."

"We are not crazy." Sara defended.

"Yes we are."

"Yes you are."

Both Jeremiah and Dylan spoke at the same time, nodding their heads as Dylan got out of bed. She moved towards her suitcase grabbing some clothes before going into her bathroom.

"Now, get out of my room." She called over her shoulder to her cousins, hearing them huff and leave as she closed the bathroom door.

Dylan placed her phone on the counter, pressing play on her spotify playlist and turning the shower on. Enchanted by Taylor Swift began to play through the speaker of her phone. Dylan smiled when she heard the intro, singing along as she got in the shower.

When she had fully showered, and had her shower concert, Dylan got dressed, this time putting EJ's leatherman jacket she had stolen instead of his sweatshirt. She waved goodbye to her family, before heading towards the address Ricky had given her. One she arrived, she knocked on the door, his mum answering it.

"Hi!" Dylan greeted.

"Dylan, how nice to see you again." Lynne smiled, bringing the girl in for a quick hug. "How are you? How's life?"

"It's good, I'm good." Dylan stated, nodding.

"Dylan that you?" Ricky walked around the corner, to see the girl.

"Rickster!" Dylan exclaimed, hugging the boy. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, it has." The two shared a look as they realised how long it had been since they had hung out, between rehearsals and everything going on with Ricky and Nini and Dylan and her mum, the two had barely even had a full conversation.

"Anyway, we are going out." Dylan stated.

"Do you have to?"

"Yes." She nodded. "We are going out. Ricky I have been coming to Chicago every spring break for my entire life, okay, and I've been barely been able to explore it so we are going."

Before Ricky could protest, Dylan had dragged him out of the house. It was lucky he had already got shoes on, secretly knowing the girl would make him go out, and a jumper. The two were walking down the street, generally catching up with each other. They turned off the street into a random park.

"How you handling the uh..." Dylan trailed off.

"Fine." Ricky nodded his head unconvincingly.

"Liar." Dylan commented, as the two sat on a bench in the park. "How you really doing?"

"Better." Ricky stated. "I wrote a song about my emotions, I spoke to my mum. I'm doing better."

"That's good." Dylan smiled. "I have to listen to it."

"I'll play it for you."

"How are things with your mum?" Dylan wondered.

"We're getting there... I think." Ricky told her, a small smile on his face.