012

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter twelve
FRIENDSHIP ABOVE BOYS
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter twelveFRIENDSHIP ABOVE BOYS┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(yes, and pt ii)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The next day, the group were back in the bomb shelter for another intensive. Dylan yawned, as she rested her head on Ashlyn's shoulder. Last night, Nini, Ashlyn and Kourtney all went over to Dylan's house to have a karaoke sleepover. They had invited Gina, but she declined and decided to stay at home instead. All of the girls were a bit confused on Gina's sudden distance from them but had fun nonetheless. They spent the first part of the night gossiping about Kourtney and Howie, the girl going bright red as they asked her questions about her crush. Then they spoke about Nini's slight problem with Ricky's clinginess, Sebastian joining in to give advice to the girl, who he has known since she was tiny.

After that, the girls decided to have small karaoke break, where they sang all of their current favourite songs. Then they asked Ashlyn on what was going on with Gina, which they realised none of them really knew. Nini then gave Dylan advice on how she should go about actually meeting her dad's new girlfriend, Evelyn. And after all that they decided to grill Dylan on EJ, in which she told them nothing, while they all theorised and told her they were in love with each other.

"Five questions to really know someone's character," Miss Jenn announced, walking to the front of the risers with her clipboard. "Today I want you all to go fully method. Stay in character for this entire exercise. I want each of you to come to the front of the room. I'll prompt you with a question and you'll answer in character." She looked to EJ. "Gaston, let's start with you."

EJ stood up, Ashlyn clapping for her cousin as he went to the front of the room.

"Question one, if you had to pick one book to live inside, what would it be and why?" Miss Jenn asked.

"Ooh, uh... like a book of etiquette?" EJ answered. "You know, 'cause Gaston could really use some manners, always spitting and shooting stuff. Like, chill, Gaston."

"Love that. Okay, what would you ask your future self?"

"Oh, trick question, Gaston's dead." Ricky cut in.

Everyone turned to send him a look, Dylan's eyebrows knitting in confusion. She made a face before turning back to EJ, who still seemed to be in thought.

"I'd ask him if he could ever learn to love anyone after Belle." EJ admitted, making eye contact with Dylan for a few seconds. "I mean, anything's possible right?"

"Intriguing." Miss Jenn commented. Everyone clapped for EJ as he went to his seat next to Gina. Dylan turned and sent him a quick smile, that he happily reciprocated. "Mr Beast, wanna give it a go?"

Ricky hopped off of the risers and made his way to the front, sitting on the stack of mats. Miss Jenn asked the boy the same two questions, Ricky making a joke out of the first one before delving in deeper with the second. However, as Miss Jenn prodded for more, Ricky's annoyance grew, him eventually snapping at the woman sarcastically before getting up and leaving when she called for ten.

Dylan sat with Ashlyn, the girl filling her in on everything that went down with Gina. Dylan sighed when Gina caught her attention, the girl walking down the hallway. Dylan quickly jumped up, saying goodbye to Ashlyn before running out to the girl.

"Don't go." Dylan spoke, scaring Gina slightly.

"You spoke to Ashlyn." Gina stated. Dylan nodded.

"I know, that the thing with Ricky must absolutely suck, okay? Liking a boy, who doesn't like you back, while having a lot of family drama is the story the life. I get it, I do. And I'm sure you miss your mum, I know that if my dad was gone as much as your mum, I would miss him too. Hell, I just miss having a mum so, I get that. But Ricky is so not worth uprooting your entire life here. No boy is worth that, G. Everything is here, Ashlyn, Carlos, Seb, Kourtney, Me, East High, we're here, and it wouldn't be the same without you. Once a wildcat, always a wildcat." Dylan spoke, a sad smile on her face.

"You did not just quote Troy Bolton." Gina laughed slightly.

"I did, because you mean that much to me." Dylan told her. "Stay?"

"I'll think about it." Gina nodded.

"Okay." Dylan sighed, walking back into the bomb shelter. She sat down next to Ashlyn, the red head, whispering something to her. Dylan nodded.

"We seem to be missing a beast." Miss Jenn stated, only getting blank faces in response. "Okay, well Belle, you want to have a go at the five questions."

Ashlyn stood up, looking over at Gina before asking Miss Jenn if she could sing a song instead. Miss Jenn gave Ashlyn the go ahead, the girl beginning to sing Home from the show. As she sang, Dylan stood up, grabbing the guitar from next to the piano, and playing along.

By the end of the song, Ashlyn and Gina were stood opposite each other, Dylan in the middle, still holding her guitar. Miss Jenn quickly took it off of her, as Gina looked between the two girl.

"Yes."

"Yes?" Ashlyn asked happily. Gina nodded, making the two girls smile before the three hugged.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
just some wholesome gina / ashlyn / dylan trio stuff
a boring chapter so next one will probably be up on sunday or monday
next chapters a bit boring but the chapter after that... ;)

 ;)