006

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter six
(NOT SO) VALENTINE'S DAY HELL
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter six(NOT SO) VALENTINE'S DAY HELL┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

(valentines day pt i)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Valentine Days was Dylan's least favourite day of the year. It was the day of love and it reminded Dylan of the heartbreak that love brought. Valentine's day was a constant reminder that her parent's love was an utter disaster, and now her dad was with a new woman, whom she knew nothing about.

And she knew that Valentine's day wasn't just about romantic love or whatever, she had heard it all. But then why would she think about any other kind of love - platonic love, her best friend Nini moved school and now lives in Denver, parental love, her mum only talks to her to insult her, romantic love, she didn't have that in the slightest.

So Dylan hated Valentine's day, she simply thought it was hallmarks way of selling cards and chocolate - it was a scam in all honesty. So she chose not to think about it, going to school as normal, ignoring the constant posters on every bit of empty space down the corridors as she made her way to rehearsals.

"Okay people!" Carlos announced, getting everyone's attention. "The title song of Beauty and the Beast is the centrepiece of our show. Written at the height of Ashman and Menken's powers, and it's their most romantic ballad since Suddenly, Seymour. As a reminder, Belle is finally falling for the Beast, and it's not just because of Stockholm Syndrome, y'all. Love is love."

"She totally had Stockholm syndrome." Dylan commented, Carlos shushing her.

"Ricky and Ash, it's time to review the waltz." Gina ordered, turning to Seb, who sat at the piano. "Let's take it way under tempo."

The two tried to do the waltz, Ricky stumbling as he did and Kourtney not singing properly. Miss Jenn interrupted them, speaking to Kourtney, who nodded. Ashlyn then asked for a break, walking around of the room. Dylan furrowed her eyebrows. The bell then went, everyone leaving the room.

Dylan walked out with Gina, the brunette laughing under her breath. "Ricky still can't dance."

Gina, Ashlyn and Dylan walked down the hallway towards Ashlyn's locker as Gina reassured the girl on her waltz.

"The waltz is hard, trust me. You've got two legs but the count is in three. You'll get it." Gina smiled.

"I guess I just don't feel like a natural Belle yet, I mean we all saw the move she's" Ashlyn shrugged sadly.

"A cartoon." Gina interrupted firmly. "And you're her everything."

"I agree." Dylan spoke up. "I mean even Emma Watson would say you're a perfect Belle, Ash."