018

please read an at end

It was finally spring break, and Dylan could not be happier. Between homework, rehearsals, writing songs, and figuring out all of her emotions, Dylan was getting extremely exhausted.

She was going to Chicago for the week to visit her aunt and cousins, whom she hadn't seen in nearly a year. The girl was currently sat in the airport waiting for her flight, while her dad and Evelyn were in one of the shops. The brunette had earlier found Gina, who was waiting for her flight to Louisiana and trying to find an outlet.

Miss Jenn had set up a zoom call so Dylan decided to join in on Gina's phone, so she didn't have to find a place to sit and join on her own. The girl finally managed to prop her phone up, joining the call and backing away from the camera, sitting back down next to Dylan.

"Hey, everyone. I'm here." Gina greeted. "Sorry, um, I couldn't find an outlet, and my flights delayed. Apparently my plane has a mechanical issue so... fun."

"Oh dear," Miss Jenn stated. "Are you safe?"

"I spent my childhood in airports. I am no damsel in distress." Gina smiled. "And I have Dylan."

Dylan snapped out of her daydream, the girl having been staring at the floor thinking about more song lyrics. She looked up at the phone, moving over to lean on the other arm rest so she was finally in view.

"Hey guys." Dylan waved tiredly. "I am currently waiting for my dad and Eve to bring me my chocolate and coffee but they've been gone so long I don't know where they are anymore."

"Okay, looks like we are only missing Ricky. Nini, have you heard from him?"

Dylan watched Nini freeze, the girl looking down in front of her as everyone looked towards her on the call. Dylan knew Nini hadn't heard from Ricky, the two obviously not speaking since their break up. The Valdez girl hadn't spoken to Ricky the night before. She had want to check up on the boy, but soon found out he was already in Chicago. The two then decided that they would meet up at some point, just to catch up — both of them hadn't really spoken to each other this semester.

Big Red fortunately spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. "Uh, I think Ricky is taking some alone time, or mum time, or both. He's in Chicago."

"Okay, I'm sure you're wondering why I've gathered you all here." Miss Jenn continued. "Opening night is only three weeks away, folks. That means we need to stay focused. And I know I can't— won't make you work over the break, but I needed to remind you, face-to-face, stakes are high. Please, for the love of theatre, do not take the word break literally. Be safe. Okay, well, have fun. Stay in touch. And now you have this link so hop on anytime. I'm basically the queen of modern technology so..."

They all waved to each other. All of them instantly scrambled to get off the Zoom as fast as they could so they wouldn't be the last person to leave. Dylan sighed, telling Gina she was going to get a quick drink, while she tried to get on another flight. The girl's phone began to ring as she watched.

"Hey Eej." She smiled as she answered.

"Hey Dyl, how's the airport?" EJ asked, a large smile on his face.

"It's... extremely boring, but I have learnt all my lines and written an entire new song." Dylan explained.

"Ask her?"

"Is that Ash?" Dylan asked. "Hi Ash!"

"Hi Dylan." Ashlyn waved at her.

"Anyway, my cousin wants to paint my nails as a spring break project, so I needed a second opinion." EJ told her.