The kindness of strangers

Four months goneI can't feel youI don't understand itWhere did you go?I hate that you're all that I knowI'm not gonna tell yaI'm not gonna say that I'm okay, noShadows

Four months gone
I can't feel you
I don't understand it
Where did you go?
I hate that you're all that I know
I'm not gonna tell ya
I'm not gonna say that I'm okay, no
Shadows

♠️♠️♠️

Selena was in the Bayou at Hayley's grave, she sat down slowly with a small smile. She herself couldn't imagine that she'd be there or at least not now but it felt like she'd hear her whenever she talked and actually feel her there

"I don't know if you can hear me, Hales" Selena said with a sad chuckle as tears glistening her eyes "I don't know, I just need to talk to you- to ask you why you left all of sudden. Without a goodbye or I wanna at least thank you"

"I miss you so much" she continued as her voice shook "I wish you're hear to tell me what to do, to fight with me, to give me an advice, to disagree with everything I'm doing... To tell me that I'm screwing everything up"

"I don't know if I ever told you this but you are my sister, you had been there for me when I was scared, when I was at worst, you never judged me" Selena finished with a shaky breath as tears streaming down her cheeks "I should've been the only one who got kidnapped"

"You know, Nik came to me the other day... asked me for a second chance but I was too angry to even think about, that's what you always wanted for us, right? I couldn't, I'm so scared that he'd leave again. If I give in, he'd break my heart forever" Selena said before wiping her tears and touching Hayley's name that was engraved in the tree "I love you... I'll always be back here to tell you about how crappy my day was or what trouble my children got into again"

"Selena" A familiar voice spoke causing her to quickly stand up and turn around to see it was James, she sighed in relief before making her way towards him hugging him

"I'm so sorry about your sister" He muttered softly as she tried her hardest not to cry as she nodded tearfully "She was a good soul"

"She was" Selena said before they pulled apart and he looked at her sadly

"I couldn't attend the funeral because no one told me that she died. I know how much you loved her" he stated with a small smile and she nodded looking down "Wanna walk with me?"

"Sure" she said with a nod as they started walking "Uh- By the way I'm resigning from my job, I was on my way to your father"

"You can't do that" James protested shaking his head in denial "You love your job, Lena... You have children to think about"

"I didn't get the job because I need money... I got the job because I was trying to have a normal life" she stated and he gave her a look and she sighed "I wanna spend more time with my children"