Chapter 5: DJ and Eddie P

Kaiya POV

I felt a slight drizzle and realized that it started to rain as I walked along the street.

"Kaiya! Rena Mizunashi is one of them." Conan ran up to me with his cellphone in his hand. He must have heard Rena dial the seven children's song.

 He must have heard Rena dial the seven children's song

"I know Kudo-kun. We have to follow her." I said urgently and we got into Professor Agasa's beetle. Haibara and Conan started talking about Rena.

"That sure was lucky to grab them by the tail." the Professor commented.

"No it's the opposite of that. It's the worst luck." Conan corrected. "If they find the tracker and the wiretap mic it's natural to think that someone set them up."

"The first person they would suspect is Kogoro-san." I continued.

"Hey-hey you don't mean?" Agasa asked alarmed.

"There's no way to deny that Kogoro might have listened to their converstion." Conan said.

"And when that happens they will silence him and everyone else around him if needed." Haibara finished with a grim expression. 

"But what I don't understand is why she would ask for Ojisan's services." Conan commented. 

She wants to find her brother...

******************

Conan was listening intently to his earpiece as we followed them to the parking lot.

"Where's Eddie P.... Do you know who DJ is?" Conan asked. Haibara didn't know but she started describing the other possible Black Organization members.

"She's going to meet someone underground.... in that building's parking lot!" he pointed. "Hakase, Haibara! Wait here!" Conan ordered and we both got out of the car. Conan crashed into someone.

"That's far enough cool kid!" Jodie posed.

"Jodie-sensei! What are you doing here?" Conan said shocked.

"The FBI has her eyes on her as well. Ever since Vermouth disguised herself as Dr. Ariade, she has been visiting the hospital often." Jodie told him and they continued chatting. I looked at our surroundings. Then I saw Rena's car approaching.

"Guys hide!" I called. We all got in the car in the nick of time while Agasa pretended to fix his car. As he was driving, Jodie explained that Rena would be interviewing three first time candidates running for a seat in the House of Representatives (Eisaku Tokiwa, Junji Sendou, and Yasuteru Domon) and Conan told her that he placed a microphone and tracker on Rena's doorway and it accidentally got stuck on her shoe. Conan also told her about DJ and Eddie P and we tried to figure out what those stood for.

******************

"Are you saying that DJ stands for Jack of Diamonds?" Jodie asked.

"Yeah those guys must use trump cards to name their targets." I affirmed.