Chapter 15: Teito Bank

Amuro POV

"Bourbon, your new orders are to find that traitor, Sherry." the boss said. "Do not fail me."

"Yes sir." I replied. "If it's not too rude of me, I would also like to ask permission for another mission."

"I don't grant requests that easily, Bourbon." the boss replied curtly.

"I think you'd be interested in this one." I smirked. "I want to verify Shuichi Akai's death." I refuse to believe someone as skilled as Akai would be killed that easily.

"What are you implying? Vermouth confirmed that he's dead." the boss responded.

"I have a hunch that -" I insisted.

"Bourbon, you're quite talkative today." the boss interrupted. "However, since I don't want any loose ends, I will grant you permission on one condition."

A condition? "What is that condition?" I asked.

"I will also assign Vermouth to this mission." the boss declared and hung up. Vermouth? I have never worked with her before but I will do whatever it takes to uncover the truth about Akai.

I shook my head. I must focus on my original mission. I need to get closer to Detective Mori. He must have some connection to Sherry.

Perhaps I should get some lunch first. I walked up to the closest restaurant, Ristorante Sundayrino, and a plan began to formulate in my head. I having been posing as a private detective, but a waiter would be another perfect cover.

**********

"Well, how's my handiwork, Bourbon? You look just like him now." Vermouth finished her disguise at my apartment.

"It looks eerily accurate." I looked in the bathroom mirror to see a reflection of Akai with a scar. I grabbed a fedora hat and began to wander the streets for signs of Akai's colleagues.

*********

Kaiya POV

I let the snow fall slowly on my hand. It was rare for me to see snow until I was transported to this world. I'm glad I still managed to run my errands despite the weather. As I was walking, I saw Jodie on the sidewalk. She seemed to be chasing someone in an alley.

"Jodie-sensei?" I walked up to her.

"K-Kaiya-chan?" Jodie asked in shock. "Why are you here?"
"I was just running some errands." I explained.

"Jodie-kun? Did something happen? I don't remember parking my car here." James and Camel came up to us. "Ah Kaiya-chan." he greeted me.

"Don't tell me you saw someone from the organization?" Camel asked.

"Nothing like that!" Jodie said nervously. "I was just talking to Kaiya-chan that's all. That aside, did you get some good alcohol?"

"Alcohol? For a celebration?" I asked.

"It's James-san's birthday." Camel explained.

"In that case, Happy Birthday James-san!" I said.

"Thank you Kaiya-chan." James replied. "We were going to get some alcohol, but unfortunately I wasn't able to use my card at the store." he told Jodie.

"And I didn't bring much yen with me." Camel added sheepishly.

"Sorry Jodie-kun, do you think you could pay for us first?" James asked.

"My wallet is almost empty though! I was going to make a withdrawal later." Jodie replied.

"Teito bank is nearby. You could make a withdrawal there." I suggested. "I'll go with you."