Chapter 8: The Awakening

Kiyomi POV

Interviewing the suspects was a similar process to the anime. Conan faked losing his phone and I pretended to help Conan search for it and apologized to the patients for his clumsiness. Conan and the others reviewed the footage and figured out the suspect, coming to the conclusion that Rikumichi Kusuda was the suspect. They noticed that he emptied the coffee cans in his room despite having a "broken" neck.

***********

Later that night, I helped the FBI keep on the guard for the organization. It was then I saw a figure wearing a hospital gown walking down the corridor. Rikumichi Kusuda! 

I messaged Jodie since she and the other FBI agents were close to the reception area

I messaged Jodie since she and the other FBI agents were close to the reception area. I assume she tried to apprehend him because I heard a commotion. I ran to the exit to see Rikumichi about to get into his car so I burst a tire with my taser, forcing him to choose another car. 

"One sudden movement girl, and I'll trigger these bombs." he pointed to his neckpiece.

"Not if they are fake." I smirked and focused my tasers on him.

"But this isn't." he pulled out a gun and pointed it at me and I shot my tasers in him reflexively.

"Ouch!" I grabbed my shoulder in pain when Rikumichi's bullet grazed me. He took the opportunity to hijack a car. Shoot I reacted too slowly! I ran to the front of the hospital.

"Shuu!" Jodie shouted as she and the other FBI agents appeared. Shuichi (along with Conan) drove by and started chasing Rikimuchi, who eventually committed suicide.

*************

"The organization knows that Rena is here! We can't stick around another minute!" an FBI agent declared.

"Well..." James said unsurely.

"How is this up for discussion?" another said.

"She's still in a coma. We need another hospital with staff we can trust. And if we move now, we'll ride into a hail of bullets." James noted.

"What?" Jodie asked.

"One of our agents noticed a suspicious person lurking on the rooftop of the building next door." Shuichi said. It must be a sniper... maybe Chianti or Korn?

"They're already here?!" Jodie gasped.

"It's time I came clean to the hospital director. Perhaps he'll have a plan." James started to leave.

"Not a good idea. If you drag him into this now, the organization will think that the hospital's been working against them all the time, and the director and the staff will be on their hit list." Shuichi reasoned.

James sighed. "You're right. As things have shaken out, it's the only way to protect the staff."

"But we can't keep Rena here and endanger the other patients. I refuse to sit and wait for the organization to make their next move." Jodie exclaimed.