Chapter 21: The Mystery Train

Kaiya POV

"What?! The Organization knows Ai-chan will be on the Mystery Train?" Yukiko gasped in surprise after Shuichi told us about the video he saw last night. "Is this true, Shin-chan?"

"Yeah..." Conan sighed.

"It pains me to say this, but faking Shiho Miyano's death is the only way to keep her safe." Shuichi said.

"Ai-chan won't like this plan..." I warned.

"I wonder which Organization members will be on the train." Yusaku mused.

"Vermouth." I piped up. "She's a master of disguise so it would make the most sense." Well the truth is I knew it already from the anime...

"If it's Sharon, I can deal with her." Yukiko offered.

"Someone else has to disguise as Shiho Miyano if Yukiko is dealing with Sharon." Yusaku said as Conan and the adults were formulating a plan for the Mystery Train.

"I can ask Kaito Kid." Conan suggested. "He's a master of disguises and escapes."

"Imagine Kaito Kid wearing this wig." I giggled and tried on a brunette wig that resembled Shiho's hair. "Eh? Yukiko-san, is there something on my face?" I asked her when I noticed everyone staring at me.

"You look so much like Ai-chan!" Yukiko responded.

"It's true... you wouldn't need an elaborate disguise." Yusaku remarked.

"Are you saying that Kaiya-chan will have to face them alone?" Yukiko asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine." I insisted.

"You will have a target on your back if you are disguised as Shiho Miyano." Shuichi pointed out. "Are you sure you're up for this task?"

I nodded.

"Here's an earpiece so that we can hear everything going on. I'll pull you out if it gets too dangerous." Shuichi reassured me.

"I trust you." I smiled.

*******

The day came and I put on a hat to cover my face as I boarded the train with Shuichi and Yukiko. My presence had to be a secret, so I told Ran and the others beforehand that I was unable to go with them since I caught a cold.

"Woah! This place is decorated just like Agatha Christie described in her book!" I gushed as I entered the carriage. I took an excessive amount of photos.

"I know right, Kaiya-chan?" Yukiko smiled. "I knew you would love this place."

*****

"This is an emergency announcement! There's a fire in Carriage 8. For your safety, please evacuate to the front of the train." we heard the conductor over the loudspeaker.

"The plan is a go." Yukiko told me when she got a signal from Shuichi. Apparently Haibara just received a text from Vermouth, and Haibara was running in our direction.

We heard footsteps running and our door opened to reveal a panting Haibara. "What's going on?" she demanded when she saw me and Yukiko.

"Shh... leave the rest to us." Yukiko winked at Haibara as Conan rushed in and shoved a phone into Haibara's face.

"Kaiya's about to meet one of the members of the Organization disguised as you, so tell her what to say!" Conan ordered Haibara as I put the finishing touches on my Shiho disguise.

"I'm counting on you." I handed Haibara an earpiece.

"No, don't go!" Haibara gripped my sleeve as I was about to exit. "Please!"