Chapter 10: Raiha Pass

Kaiya POV

(at the hospital parking lot an evening later)

"Akai-san here are the supplies..." I trailed off when I saw him talking to James-san.

"Akai-kun? She's onto this too?" James asked surprised as I nodded.

"Sorry for the deception James-san... and I wish you good luck at Raiha Pass, Akai-san." I said, trying to stay positive as I handed him a bag. But I couldn't, since this was one of the saddest moments in the anime.

"Don't make that kind of face. Do you not trust me? Have some faith in me." Shuichi smirked.

"Even still..." I started and James placed a comforting hand on my shoulder as Shuichi drove into the night. 

***********

"Oh, I'm sorry! Please excuse me. I'm trying to find my umbrella. I must have dropped it somewhere." a woman in a dark blue coat apologized after she accidentally bumped into me on the sidewalk as I was heading home. I reassured her it was alright.

"Please use my umbrella." I offered. "I have a spare."

Just then my phone rang. "Hi Jodie-sensei.... sorry, I can't hear you that well... there is a lot of background noise... yes you can go to the Metropolitan police station to verify the fingerprints..."

I ended the call due to the large amount of interference, and I happened to bump into the same woman again.

"I wanted to return your umbrella to you. I should be alright without since the rain is dying down." the woman explained. She handed it back to me and left.

Wait interference... could I have been bugged? I turned around to look for that woman but she already gone.

*******

Vermouth POV

"Ara ara Gin, so impatient. You'll be happy to know that I have acquired the location." I spoke into my earpiece and got onto my motorcycle. "I'm heading there now." 

I sped past the parking lot of the police station the girl mentioned, and caught a glimpse of the FBI agent I disguised as. It seems like Kir really did finish off Shuichi Akai. No matter, one silver bullet is more than enough. The FBI doesn't need two.

Now, let's find out who the girl really is. I was able to get her fingerprints just now...

*******

Kaiya POV

(at the Kudo mansion)

"Sorry the disguise is not the best, I'm still learning how to put disguises from Yukiko-san. She's overseas right now, but she can help you in the future."  I adjusted his mask and touched it up with the makeup Yukiko lent me. "Is the mask uncomfortable, Akai-san?"

"I don't mind it. It's a small price to pay." Shuichi responded, looking into the mirror on the dressing table. "By the way, who's Shinichi Kudo? According to the boy, he's the son of the owner of this house right? Is it really alright to use this place as a safe house?"

"A-ah yes." I stuttered. "Kudo-kun is my classmate at Teitan High School."

"But there's no pictures of him in the house." Shuichi observed.

"He wants to keep a low profile.... Conan-kun can explain it better than I." I said. After all, it's not my secret to tell.

"A low profile?" Shuichi asked.

"Yes....anyways, back to the disguise. Here's a voice changer by the way. Professor Agasa next door made it." I handed it to him and he began to try out the different voices.

"This one seems appropriate." Shuichi finally settled on a voice that sounded like Subaru's.

"Now we have to find a wig." I rummaged through the box of supplies and pulled out the first wig I saw, a light color one. I blinked at the unnatural color of the wig.

"That will do. The more unlike Shuichi Akai my new persona is, the better." he said.

"Your new persona?" I fixed his wig to make it more natural, and I noticed he was perusing through some university admission papers. Oh that's right, Yusaku and Yukiko pulled some strings and enrolled Shuichi into Touto University, where he would pose as a graduate engineering student.

"Subaru Okiya." he activated his voice changer and put on a pair of glasses.

" he activated his voice changer and put on a pair of glasses