Chapter 25: The Kyoto School Trip

Conan POV

"Uncle, is it just me or does Ran-neechan seem more happy than usual?" I asked Kogoro. Ran was humming and fixing her hair before she left the agency.

"Let's go brat." Kogoro said as Ran left.

I glanced at Kogoro in surprise. It was one of those rare occasions when we both thought alike since I planned to follow Ran as well.

"We're following Ran. Perhaps that detective kid Shinichi is seducing her." Kogoro explained.

How dare that Shinichi seduce Ran! Wait no that's no possible, I'm Shinichi! Then what's making Ran so happy?

***********

Kaiya POV

(at a restaurant)

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Ran apologized, running towards our table.

"Oh no worries, we just arrived at the restaurant ourselves." Sonoko reassured her.

"I'm so excited for the trip to Kyoto!" I squealed. I've never been to Kyoto before.

"I know right!" Ran smiled. "Luckily we bought these traveling pamphlets from the bookstore."

"We should make a list of places to visit!" Masumi suggested.

"Look, the Fushimi Inari Shrine... the Kiyomizu-dera Temple... Kinkakuju Temple... I want to visit all of those!" I exclaimed as I flipped through the pamphlets.

"We can't forget to visit the sweet shops!" Sonoko reminded us.

"Of course!" we all enthusiatically nodded in agreement.

"Oh maybe we'll meet Okita-kun again." Ran said.

"He's so talented in Kendo!" I gushed (hey don't blame me for fangirling... kendo is cool). "You should have seen him spar against Heiji last time when we went to watch Heiji's tournament." That was quite fun, except that there was another murder again... *sigh*

"And maybe we might run into Shinichi-kun by coincidence!" Sonoko said.

"I feel bad about leaving Conan-kun at home with dad though." Ran admitted.

"Ah! Isn't that him, the four-eyed brat?" Sonoko jumped up from her seat and pointed to the counter seats behind us. We turned around to see Kogoro and Conan.

"Did you guys follow us here?" I crossed my arms.

They rubbed their heads sheepishly.

Afterwards, there was another murder and Masumi cracked the case with ease.

************

"What is it, Kudo-kun? You look like you have something you want ask me." I said to Conan.

"Well uh... I really want to go on the school trip." Conan replied.

"You need the antidotes right?" I guessed. "For those, you have to ask Ai-chan."

"She wouldn't give me it when I asked... she doesn't trust me after what happened in London." Conan told me.

"Hmm maybe you could try to get Ai-chan into a good mood, and she would be more willing to give you the antidotes." I suggested.

"The only thing that gets her in a good mood is Fusae brand items though." Conan complained.

"Use your head buddy." I laughed at him. "There's a Tokyo Sprits game right? She'll definitely be a good mood after that!"

Or so we thought...

************

(in the Kudo mansion)