Chapter 18: Deduction Showdown At the Hotel

Kaiya POV

"R-Ran you can use your karate on opponents later right?" I paled as she punched the wall, leaving a dent.

"I am participating in another championship game and Shinichi can't attend again?!" Ran huffed.

"I'm sure he's quite busy..." I glanced at Conan sheepishly. I would not want to be in his place right now.

"Umm Ran-neechan, I can videotape your match for Shinichi-niichan." Conan offered nervously.

"Ran, calm down." Sonoko told her. "How about we go to a cake buffet at Haido Hotel if you win the championship?"

"You don't mean the cake buffet I've been wanting to go to?" Ran asked eagerly.

"That's the one!" Conan and I nodded.

"Then I'll definitely win the championship!" Ran had fire in her eyes.

********

"Ran?" Sonoko and I tried to find the locker rooms.

"Oof!" I exclaimed as I bumped into another girl.

"Eh?! Who are you? You look just like me!" she exclaimed.

"Like dopplegangers!" I stared at her in disbelief. "Umm... I'm Kaiya Matsuki... are you participating in the tournament?" I indicated to her uniform.

"That's right! I'm Hina Wada, second year at Haido High! I will definitely win the tournament this time!" she exclaimed fiercely.

"No Ran will -" Sonoko began to argue but I clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Umm what she meant was good luck!" I gave Hina a closed eye smile as she left. Sonoko let out a sigh of relief as I released my hand.

"What was that about?" Ran approached us.

"That girl looks just like Kaiya-chan!" Sonoko told Ran.

"You mean Hina Wada? Now that you mention it, I think so too!" Ran agreed.

"Well good luck on your tournament!" we told Ran and joined Conan at the stands to cheer her on.

********

"It's Ran versus that girl Hina Wada again in the final rounds!" Sonoko said worriedly. "But they look evenly matched!"

"Come on Ran-neechan you can do this!" Conan shouted.

"I'll be back in a moment." I whispered to them and quickly left the stands. An idea suddenly popped up in my head.

********

I ran to the place behind the designated area for the match and waved at Ran.

"Umm Kudo-kun says that he is sorry he had to go to another case so he couldn't make it but he wishes you good luck!" I motioned to my phone.

"Shinichi!" Ran said angrily and an angry aura surrounded her.

********

"Congrats again on winning the Kanto Karate Championship, Ran!" we cheered as we rode the bus.

"Oh it's all thanks to the new move sensei taught me." Ran smiled. "And that mystery geek..." She pouted.

"What did you tell her during the final match?" Conan whispered.

"Nothing much..." I smiled innocently at Conan.

"As promised I'll take you to the cake buffet at Haido Hotel, so eat lots okay?" Sonoko told Ran.

"Uh huh! I'll be sure to eat lots and get stronger!" Ran's mood immediately improved..

"But what did that detective geek Shinichi-kun say when you told him about your victory?" Sonoko asked Ran. "You also gave your answer to his confession in London right?"