Chapter 29: The FBI Serial Murder Case

Kaiya POV

"Alright, class is dismissed!" our sensei said. "Make sure to research a future career you are interested in and write a report on it."

"What are you going to write about?" Ran asked.

"I want to be a fashionista or model!" Sonoko nodded.

"A detective!" Masumi grinned.

"I don't know yet..." I admitted. "What about you Ran?"

"I'm not sure either... but I could always ask my dad about his detective job if I can't think of anything else." Ran replied.

Out of the corner of the eye I saw a familiar man outside the school gates so I waved goodbye to Ran and the others.

*************

"Kaiya Matsuki?" a man approached me as I exited the school gates.

"Agent John! It's quite a surprise to see you here. Is something happening?" I asked as we got into the car, glad to get out of the rainy weather.

"Akai-san told me to bring you to one of the FBI hideouts. The Organization has been active lately so it will be safer there." John said while driving.

"Is that so..." I frowned. Is that why Shuichi has been so busy lately? Getting out of the car, I suddenly paled as I saw a red dot on John's forehead. It was from a sniper! I gasped to see Chianti on the roof. "Duck!" I shouted.

The bullet grazed his shoulder, causing John to grab his arm in pain. I screamed as the car swerved and he lost control of the vehicle. I quickly pulled him out of the car in time.

"We need to get inside the building quickly!" I shouted.

***************

Leaning him against my shoulder, we quickly ducked into an alleyway and took another route inside the building.

"Let us in!" I banged on the back door. "Agent John needs medical attention."

"Another one of our hideouts has been compromised." the agents explained as John was given first aid.

"We can't stay here for long. The Organization will enter the building and kill all of us." one agent said as we hid from the storm of bullets from the Organization trying to break the entrance. We tried barricading the door but it wasn't helping much. Peeking out of one of the windows I could see Gin outside.

"I know a safe place to hide for now." I said. The Kudo Residence... "But first we need an escape plan. We need to shoot down the power lines in the front of the building and escape through the back."

With the rainy weather and power lines, the Organization will leave the hideout alone...

I covered my ears as the power lines fell and we retreated.

***************

"Will Agent John be alright?" I asked Shuichi as I made it back to the Kudo Residence. James, Jodie, and Camel were there as well.

"He's being taken to the hospital." Shuichi reassured me. "You saved his life in time."

I sighed in relief.

"But we have to evacuate the other FBI agents from the remaining hotel base as our meeting locations have been compromised." Jodie said, her voice laced with concern. "We've only been using a code to communicate." she explained, showing me a picture on her phone.

"There's no other safe place besides here though..." I trailed off.

"The FBI can stay here until another safe house is found." Yusaku told Shuichi.