Chapter 33: The Dango Adventure

Kaiya POV

"Hakase, you got tickets to visit the set of Kamen Yaiba?" I sipped my coffee while watching the detectibe boys hang out at Agasa's house.

"I can't wait! I can't wait to see it up close!" the detective boys exclaimed as Agasa revealed the tickets.

"I wish I could go with you but I have something else to do today." Agasa apologized.

"Aww Hakase!" they whined.

"Well, how about Kaiya-neechan takes us then?" Haibara suggested.

They turned to me. "Please take us then, Kaiya-neechan!"

"Oh alright...." I couldn't resist the puppy eyes they gave me and distributed the tickets to them.

*********

(at the Kamen Yaiba set)

"Kamen Yaiba!" the detective boys cheered. I sighed. I'm not a fan of Kamen Yaiba, why did I sign up for this anyways.

"You look bored." Haibara commented.

"That's because I am..." I grumbled. "How do you and Conan survive being in elementary school again?"

"Never mind that, do you think that guy in front of us is suspicious?" Conan whispered

"It appears as if he is waiting for someone. He keeps glancing at his watch." I observed.

"He's definitely not here for Kamen Yaiba." Haibara agreed.

"That was amazing!" the detective boys exclaimed when the filming was over.

**********

"Oh there's a dango shop!" Genta ran up to it. "It smells so good. I'm hungry."

"It does look delicious! How about I treat you guys to some dango then?" I offered.

"Thanks neechan!" they replied.

As Genta was ordering the food, we saw an old woman pushing a cart. We made space for her to pass, and she kindly thanked us. Then a gust of wind abruptly blew away a 10,000 yen bill on the top of her cart. "Somebody help!" she cried.

We chased after the bill. "Genta-kun catch it!" we shouted. The bill stuck onto Genta's nose momentarily and flew away again.

The detective boys started to look under nearby bushes for the dollar bills.

"I found it!" Ayumi shouted.

"I found it too!" Genta said.

"But there should be only one." Mitsuhiko said.

"Let me see those." I instructed them to hand me the dollar bills.

"Are these..?" Haibara looked at Conan.

"Yeah, the serial numbers are all the same." Conan said.

"So they are counterfeit bills." I summarized.