Chapter 28: Yusaku Kudo's TV Show Case

Kaiya POV

"Is something wrong Kaiya-chan?" Ran asked as we walked back from school.

"You've been looking behind you this whole time." Sonoko said.

"A-ah it's nothing!" I replied. I just had a feeling that someone was following us.

I glanced curiously as I saw the mailbox slightly open when I arrived home. How odd. The Kudos didn't usually receive mail. Sensing that someone was watching me, I quickly turned around in surprise, only to see no one there. Opening the mailbox I found a curious flyer...

*********

Vermouth POV

I quickly ducked back into my hiding place as the girl turned around. She has sharp eyes.

*********

Kaiya POV

"Look, there's a flyer for Italian food!" I showed the piece of paper to Shuichi and the others. "I found it in the mailbox."

"We haven't ordered Italian food in a long time though." Yukiko put her hand under her chin in thought.

"Moreover, the restaurant appears to be quite high end." Yusaku mused.

"It could be from the Organization." Shuichi suggested. "It does seem that they are investigating us since someone has been watching you."

"Does Kudo-kun know about this?" I asked.

Shuichi shook his head. "In order to fool our enemies, we must first fool our closest allies."

"It might be best for us to check out the restaurant. That way we can show that we have nothing to hide." Yusaku told us.

*********

(at the Italian restaurant)

"The food itself looks delicious." my mouth watered at the lasagna in front of me.

"Well we won't know until we try it." Yukiko replied.

"It tastes slightly off, but otherwise it is good lasagna." I took a bite carefully.

"Just pretend to eat it." Yusaku whispered.

********

"Aww my bag is all ruined!" Yukiko whimpered when we got home. "And it was new too!" Poor Yukiko. We had put all the food into her handbag.

"Maybe we should do an analysis of what was inside the food." I suggested.

"Would you mind handling that Kaiya-chan?" Yusaku asked.

I nodded and headed off to Agasa's laboratory.

********

"It appears that the food was contaminated." I showed them the report.

"Distigmine bromide... the symptoms should be similar to food poisoning." Yusaku looked at the paper.

"But Yu-chan, weren't you going to appear in an upcoming TV show?" Yukiko reminded him.

"I've got a plan. The rest we can leave to Shinichi." Yusaku said.

"I'll contact Jodie and Camel." Shuichi told us.

"In the meantime, it's time to put our acting skills to the test." Yusaku said.

"Acting?" I turned to him with a confused expression.

*******

"Kudo-kun!" I exclaimed when he and Yukiko came into the room. "Yusaku-san is really ill." I placed a wet towel on Yusaku's forehead to keep up the facade. "I-I think he got food poisoning from the dinner place we went last night!"