Chapter 20: The Shadow Approaching Haibara's Secret

Kaiya POV

"Thanks for inviting me camping." I smiled. I was excited since my family didn't go camping too often in my previous world.

"I'm so glad you came with us Kaiya-neechan! You haven't gone camping with us before, right?" Ayumi asked.

"Nope I haven't." I said sheepishly.

"Edogowa-kun here's your Mystery Train ring. Show it to the conductor before you board the train." Haibara handed him a ring. We were going to board the train later this week.

"Conan-kun you didn't get your Mystery Train ring yet?" Ayumi asked and Conan shook his head no.

"We put on our rings and took pictures at the Professor's house." Genta said.

"Don't worry Conan-kun. We'll take more pictures with you when we get to the campsite." I turned around from the passenger seat next to Professor Agasa to face them.

"I heard it's like the Oriental Express. Hopefully there won't be any murders on it like in Christie's novel." Haibara commented. There's bound to be a murder since Conan's a murder magnet...

"I'm sure we will have fun! Ran-chan and Sonoko-chan will be there too!" I smiled.

Then we were interrupted by Haibara calling Conan a pervert.

"Conan-kun! It's not nice to tease girls." Ayumi chided.

"What do you think you are doing to Haibara-san?" Mitsuhiko demanded.

"But I'm the one being bullied!" Conan protested and I couldn't help but laugh at their antics. Conan wanted extra antidotes from Haibara.

Just then my phone rang. "Kaiya-chan! Let's hang out together!" Masumi yelled through the phone. Girl, you're gonna make me go deaf ya know...

"S-sorry I'm going camping with the Detective Boys, maybe some other time." I apologized.

*******

"Oh no! We forgot to pack some camping essentials!" I realized after we set up the tents.

"Ah! Kaiya-neechan is right!" Ayumi exclaimed as she looked through the contents of our backpacks.

"Don't worry there's a camping store nearby." Conan reassured everyone. "Hakase, let's go."

*********

"Masumi-chan? What are you doing here?" I asked surprised when she showed up with Conan and Professor Agasa after they went to the store.

"I just happened to come by here as well. What a coincidence!" She said with a toothy grin.

"Are you sure you aren't just following us Masumi-chan?" I crossed my arms.

"Anyways, let's gather some firewood." Haibara interrupted.

"There should be some in that area of the woods." I pointed and we headed there.

********

"Beware! Snakes." Genta paused to read a sign after we gathered some firewood. It was then that we heard someone digging and we gasped when we saw a corpse of a woman in a sleeping bag. I noticed that her fingers were locked in a shape of a rabbit.

"Is that..." Ayumi cried. We locked eyes with the culprit.

"Run!" Haibara and I ordered. I grabbed Genta and Mitsuhiko and Haibara took Ayumi's hand and we ran as fast as we could. I tried to call Conan but he wouldn't pick up.

"Ai-chan! I can't reach Conan-kun! Call the police instead!" I told her frantically.

******

"I can't run anymore!" Ayumi panted.