3 - Trouble

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

Mr. Reyes is not happy today. Like, at all. He's snappy and more rude than he normally is. I'm not sure what happened to him.

But I still have a mission to achieve.

I slowly open his door, giving a nervous smile. "Hi," I quietly greet him.

"What?" Mr. Reyes scowls at me.

"Um...you have a meeting with Mr. Liam in, like, five minutes." I awkwardly inform.

"Cancel it."

"Wha—but...he's, like, right across the hall.." I gesture to the wall where Mr. Liam's office would be.

"Cancel it, Aaliyah." He harshly orders.

I sigh. "Okay," I agree. "Um..are you all right?" I ask.

"Go." Mr. Reyes points to the door.

You know, maybe today might not be the best day to try to achieve my mission...

Nah.

I knock before entering. Mr. Liam looks up from his desk, smiling at me. "Afternoon, Aaliyah." He greets.

"Hi." I wave at him. "Um..he wants to cancel your meeting today." I inform.

Mr. Liam's eyebrows furrow. "What? Why?" I can only shrug in response. "He literally just has to walk across the fucking hall." Mr. Liam laughs.

"I know, but I guess he's not in the mood?" I mumble.

"In the mood? Well, no one is in the mood for work, but that doesn't mean we just stop." Mr. Liam rolls his eyes and stands from his desk. He walks towards me and out of the room, crossing the hall.

He walks right over to Mr. Reyes's office and throws the door open, walking in and shutting the door behind him.

Ohhh, crap.

Maya quickly comes over to me, looking at me with wide eyes. "Umm?" She gestures to the door.

I shrug. "No idea. But I don't want to be here for...this." I cringe a little. "Wanna go get lunch?"

Maya squints. "Mm..I don't know if we should leave.."

"Grow the fuck up!" Mr. Liam yells from the office.

"Yeah, never mind. Let's go." Maya links our arms and quickly leads me to the elevator, I grab my purse from my desk before she does.

We're such great assistants.

__________

"So, what do you think that was about?" Maya asks me a question that I know she's been wanting to ask me the entire way here.

I lift a shoulder. "Dunno,"

"He's pissed." Maya states the obvious with slightly wide eyes.

I laugh quietly. "He's always a little angry." It's true. I guess today is one of the days where he's a little more angry than just a little angry though.

"Hello, my name is Cristine! Can I get you two started with any drinks?" A woman asks as she walks up to us.

Maya smiles. "Can I get a sweet tea?"

"Absolutely." Christine nods, a bright smile on her face still. "And you?" She looks to me and my heart rate speeds up just a little.