33 - Confessions

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

"C'mon, dude, it will be fun." James groans, shaking my shoulder dramatically.

I harshly shrug his hand off me. "No, it won't." I grumble, glaring at him for touching me. I have no idea where his disgusting hands have been.

Eli laughs. "It will!" He excitedly argues. "We've got pizza already. And ice cream." He announces. Like that will change my mind.

"The chocolate type." Will nods, adding to the food that I don't really care about. If I want that stuff, I'll get it myself and eat at home.

I shake my head at them. "Did he even agree?" I sigh, pinching my nose bridge. I already have a headache just from the three of them.

Will hums. "Ehh...No. But who cares? We always show up unannounced." He chuckles, uncaring. "Besides, you can invite the lady too," He sings.

I huff. I can't believe that is convincing me. A simple mention of her name.

__________

"Spam it, spam it." Eli encourages. James rolls his eyes and rings the doorbell once instead of spamming the button. I glance at my phone, frowning when I see she hasn't texted back yet.

The guys wanted to have a movie night or something at Lucas's so I invited Aaliyah, but she hasn't even read the message yet.

The door opens after just a moment. Lucas stands there with his wallet in hand, his face drops when he sees us. "Guys," He breathes, quickly looking over his shoulder then back at us. "Hey, right now isn't the best time." He nervously smiles.

Eli laughs. "It's always the best time for a movie night." He beams, too excited for this. He shows off the boxes of pizzas in his hands and Will holds up the ice cream tub that has definitely melted by now.

"Yeah, not tonight though." Lucas mumbles, shaking his head. "This weekend is better. It's a work night anyway." He adds, laughing.

"Aw, come on, Lucas. You're always up for a movie night." James frowns. "Besides, we can always open the bar later if we need to." He carelessly offers.

Lucas glances between us a little frantically. "What about Alex? He has work." Lucas he's gestures to me. "Let's just do this on the weekend, guys." He insists.

"Alex will leave early, you know that." Will dismisses. He isn't wrong. I'll watch a movie with them, but I'll leave as soon as it's over.

"Got it?" A familiar voice calls out.

I tense, watching as Aaliyah pops up behind Lucas, her hand coming up to rest on his shoulder. Her smile drops the moment she makes eye contact with me.

What the fuck.

"Oh! Hey, Aaliyah got here before us." Eli beams, oblivious as always.

"I didn't say we were going to Lucas's in the text." I quietly point out, my eyebrows furrowing as I stare at her then at Lucas.

She was here already.

The other guys look just as confused as me. "Wait, so, what are you doing here?" Eli mumbles, squinting at Aaliyah skeptically.

Lucas quickly guides Aaliyah out of the doorway like we haven't already seen her. Like he can hide her. "Guys, I mean it. It's not a great time." He rushes as he starts to shut the door.