13 - Boyfriend

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

So, making up with Noah was a bad idea. He's annoying as heck with these apologizes.

Some of them are great. He'll just give me money randomly. Others are not so great. Well, actually, no. They're all great. They're just annoying.

"I'm going to get a restraining order." I warn as I walk over to the corner where my desk is. Maya glances up from her computer and smiles at us, amused.

Noah rolls his eyes. "No, you won't." He calls my bluff. "You said you were hungry so let's go." He points to the elevator behind him as a gesture for me to go.

I stare at him as I sit. "What's your goal here? Showing up at my work to take me to lunch, giving me random money, offering to drive me to work so I don't take the bus, what are you doing?" I question. He has a goal and I'm afraid to find out what it is.

"Apologizing."

"There are easier and less annoying ways to apologize, dummy." I flatly announce. "You're so nosy." I scowl. He just wants to meet my new nonexistent boyfriend.

Noah smiles, shameless. "Yeah, yeah. Let's go." He gestures to the elevator again and urges me to get up from my seat.

"I can't." I sigh, frowning. "I don't usually take my lunch breaks." I inform him. Mr. Reyes told me I need to, but I can't risk it. What if he needs me and I'm off somewhere eating a sandwich?

Noah scoffs at that, scrunching his face up. "What? Why?" I just shrug in response, so he looks at Maya. "Where's your guy's boss?" He asks, cocking his head back at her.

Maya points to Mr. Reyes's office with a smile that's almost smug. "There." She hums, happy with my brother's attention.

"Okay, come on." Noah nods to Mr. Reyes's door and starts walking, confident. He puffs his chest out and everything, preparing like he's going to war.

I groan, a little bored. "This is sixth grade all over again." I mumble as I follow him. I look back at Maya for help, but she simply smiles. It's like she knows what's about to happen here.

When we were younger, Noah walked me all the way to the principal's office just to announce he was taking me home early. It was the most embarrassing day of my life because he acted like my dad and puffed his chest out the same way he is right now.

Noah tosses the door open without care. It's his first mistake. "Yo," He greets my boss casually and like he's the one in charge. It's his second mistake.

Mr. Reyes's eyes narrow.

His third mistake is walking in here on one of Mr. Reyes's bad days.

"Noah," I whisper.

Noah waves me off, like he's not about to get me fired. "I'm taking your employee." Noah announces. "Okay, let's go." He hums, smiling like he's fixed everything.

Mr. Reyes scoffs at that, more annoyed than he already was. "What do you mean you're taking my employee? Which employee?" He questions, rather harsh.

I poke my head into the office. "Hi!" I greet, waving at him. I try to smile sweetly, attempting to get on his good side.

"This one." Noah points his finger directly above my head, unnecessary. It makes me think of a cartoon scene.

Mr. Reyes shakes his head immediately. "No." He decides, still scowling at Noah like he's wronged him greatly. Lazers practically shoot out his eyeballs and into Noah's chest.

Noah scoffs, putting his hands on his hips like he owns the friggen place. "Yes." He argues, huffing. "I'm taking her." He decides. He says it with total authority which will definitely get me fired later.