40 - Wedding

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

I stare at the guys, watching them excitedly bounce around Aaliyah in my living room. Aaliyah laughs, barely even comprehending the compliments they all spit out simultaneously. I can't even understand half of the things they're saying.

Her aunt is getting married, apparently. Aaliyah says she's never met the guy or never even knew her aunt was seeing someone, but she's excited anyway.

Aaliyah's mom isn't as excited as her. She also didn't know Jenny was seeing someone.

So, Aaliyah went out and got a dress for the wedding. It's a dark blue dress that goes about to her knee, just a little lower. The straps tie into little knots at the tops of her shoulders and the neckline dips a little low. On top of that, there's a slit on the right side, going all the way up to her mid thigh.

They guys are having a fucking field day with it.

"Will." I warn. Will quickly looks at me and lets the fabric of the dress's strap go, offering a nervous smile.

Eli smiles over at me. "So, are you going to have a bow tie again?" He asks. They liked seeing the pictures of me in a stupid little bow tie at Manuel's wedding, they make fun of me still.

I glance at Aaliyah, unsure of how to answer Eli's question. It's a joke, but he still waits for an answer.

I still don't know if I'm going to this wedding. Her mom still isn't the biggest fan of me. She tries, but it's not the same as the first time we met. She seemed to like me but I guess I was wrong.

Not to mention the rest of Aaliyah's family have more than likely never have even heard my name mentioned. I'm not sure if Aaliyah even wants to introduce me to her family seeing as the only reason I was ever introduced is because she really didn't have a choice.

Instead, I steer the conversation in a different way. "Will's hair is flat." I announce.

Will gasps, offended. The rest of the guys turn to him to start coming up with their insults. Aaliyah gives me a flat 'Really?' look in response. I just offer a shrug as I sit back and watch.

__________

Finally, after four long hours of the guys parading around my girlfriend, yelling at each other, and breaking my coffee table, they leave. I get to drop down on the couch and mourn the loss of my coffee table.

"Quack!"

Never mind. I'll never be allowed to relax again.

Groaning, I stare up at the ceiling. "Quack!" Aaliyah yells again from our room. I don't answer her.

Aaliyah has this thing she does and I really wish I knew about it before I fucking fell in love with her. Maybe if I knew, I'd actually get to enjoy my Saturday in peace without being yelled at twenty-four/seven.

"Quack, Alex! Quack!" Aaliyah calls, huffing out of frustration.

I scowl at the tv, dreading my next word. "Quack." I flatly reply. Aaliyah laughs in response, excited I replied.

She likes to quack at me. I have no fucking clue why, but she does. She quacks and if I don't quack back, she'll get mad at me.