30 - Best Friend

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

Alex helps me move the last box from out of his car and into the storage unit I got. Actually, he doesn't help me. He does it for me.

I would have helped, but he said he had it all and got all mad at me when I grabbed a box. I kept telling him that I'm strong and I can handle it, but his answer was always, 'I know you are.' So, I did nothing.

I offered to pay him for moving all my stuff for me, but he just called me stupid and walked away.

"Thank you," I smile at him, thanking him for the tenth time in the past hour. Alex just nods in response, he pulls the garage door type thing closed, locking the padlock on it.

Alex runs his hand through his hair as he lets out a little tired breath. "That's like more than half of the things that were in your apartment. What are you even taking to your new place?" Alex questions. I shrug, glancing to the side.

I hate lying to him. It never feels good and he always seems to know when I'm lying.

I take a deep breath to prepare. "I won't stay at the new place for long since I can't have Jerry there, so I figured I wouldn't take too much big stuff since it's a lot to move." I explain a little more. I pray he doesn't see any holes in my story.

Alex looks suspicious, but he nods. "Okay," He accepts it which helps me breathe. "So, what stuff do you need to move there then?" He asks.

I hesitate as I rack my brain for an answer to that. "I moved everything already." I tell him. "Noah helped." I quickly add.

Please believe me, please believe me, please believe me, please believe me.

"All right." Alex sighs, accepting that lie too. I smile at him.

I'm an incredible liar.

Alex shrugs. "I mean, you're obviously lying, but as long as you already have all of your stuff." Alex carelessly says, walking around the car.

I'm quick to walk around the car too, climbing into the passenger seat while he climbs into the drivers. "I'm not lying." I insist.

"You are. You have a tell, Aaliyah."

I scoff in response. "What is it?" I challenge. I don't have a tell.

"I'm not telling you." Alex glances over at me, looking at me like I'm stupid. "If I do, you'll stop doing it." He reasons.

I cross my arms, looking out my window. "You gave a tell too." I quietly mumble, annoyed he won't tell me. I have to know what it is.

"I'm sure I do."

I'm sure he does too. Of course, I have no idea what it is, but I know he has one. Pretty much everyone does.

Alex sighs and glances around. "Okay, am I taking you home with me or are you wanting to go to your new place?" He asks as we drive out of the storage place parking lot.

I shrug. "If you're tired of me, you can drop me off somewhere. If not, we can go back to your place." I offer. "Or, Noah's because he still wants to hang out with me I guess." I add quietly. He's clingy.

"Where do you wanna go?"

I sigh and think about it for a second. "I kind of want to hang out with Noah for a bit." I nervously admit, looking over at Alex.

Alex nods and grabs his phone from the center console. He unlocks it then hands it to me. "Put his address in." He orders. "And then put your recognition thing in." He adds.