28 - Secrets

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

I'm starting to wonder what the guys do all day. I wonder if they plot all day, figuring out what they'll do next. Mischievous bunch of fellas they are, let me tell you.

"You guys do realize you can't just show up at my house, right?" I question, looking down at the four of them who sit on my couch. I have my hands on my hips like I'm scolding them.

Will carelessly waves his hand in the air. "You let us in." He smiles at me, reminding me of my terrible mistake.

I scoff in response. "Because you wouldn't stop playing with the speaker." I remind. I should've just waited them out.

I toss a couple of things in a cardboard box, grabbing the tape to close it. Most of this stuff is going to go to a storage unit for now. Until I can get an apartment that is.

They want me there too soon. I don't have time to get an apartment just yet so it's the motel a few blocks from the office for now.

Lucas nods to the boxes. "Are you going to need help moving?" Lucas asks. It's a silent offer to help.

Eli smiles widely. "We can help." Eli quickly adds, clarifying Lucas's offer just in case I didn't catch it.

I smile at them. "Thanks, but I don't think I'll need help. I'll ask if I do though." I assure them as I grab a box and take it over to the little tower in the corner.

Eli frowns, seemingly unhappy with my answer. He likes to help and I don't think he likes me doing things like these on my own. It's sweet, but I can handle it. He knows that too so he keeps those thoughts to himself for the most part.

I give a little smile. "I'm fine, sweets." I sigh, assuring him one last time as I grab a second box. Eli just nods in response, James nudges him, a little hint to cool it.

Will loudly clears his throat which lets me know I'm in for a very weird conversation. "Hey, Aaliyah," He begins.

I deeply sigh before answering. "Will." I flatly greet him back as I start to fill up another box.

"You're a woman,"

"Gee, what gave it away, Will?"

"Your boobies." Eli smiles, gesturing to my chest. James nods, agreeing with him. So does Will. Lucas looks at them like they're stupid, slightly appalled.

I huff out a litlre breath, trying not to be amused. "That's disrespectful." I announce, pulling my tank top up a little more at the neckline so I'm not falling out of it or anything.

I'm in denim shorts and a white tank top. I wasn't really expecting company and I'm just packing things up, I figured it'd be fine. "Why?" Eli frowns, clueless. Lucas just sighs and pats Eli's back like he always does when Eli is clueless.

"Anyway," Will moves on quickly. "Since you're a woman, I want to ask you something." He smiles again, seemingly excited for his question.

"What?" I cringe a little, dreading his next words already. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Will clears his throat again before spitting his question out. "When a man walks up to you in a bar and sits down, what is your first impression on him?" Will asks, crossing his arms over his chest in anticipation.

I blink, not expecting a question like that. I was expecting something more stupid to tumble out of his mouth. "Um...well, depends on how his attitude is." I shrug, not thinking much about this particular question. "If he smiles at me and says something nice and not creepy, then I might be engaged in the conversation." I add, guessing as I go.